Diablo® III

Best way to level a friend coming in late...

We'll be on about 5 hours before him. Whats the best way to get him up to our level as fast as possible?
Reply Quote
Start over. ;)
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Ishman
Start over. ;)
Reply Quote
Do pushups while you wait for him. Get buff and f*cking ripped!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
or just wait for him to play.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
NND
05/14/2012 04:27 PMPosted by KostaNasty
We'll be on about 5 hours before him. Whats the best way to get him up to our level as fast as possible?

Just add him to your current game. He'll miss a bit of content, but if you can keep him alive he'll level fast.
Reply Quote
Take naps.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 04:30 PMPosted by rednaxelA
Do pushups while you wait for him. Get buff and f*cking ripped!

I can vouch for this :D
Reply Quote
Roll alts to level up with him - or let him solo. The xp penalty for grouping with a large level difference makes it really useless to try to help grind someone. I noticed a distinct slowdown in xp gain with just a 4-level variance in beta.
Reply Quote
Keep all your +xp gear, give it to your friend and then start a new character with him until he gets close to the level of your main.
Reply Quote

Step 1. collect low level gear.
Step 2. give him low level gear.
Step 3. make a new character.
Step 4. put gear on character.
Step 5. play.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Starting over is the only option.

He'll never catch up to you unless you guys are offline or you help him run through the game and get next to no experience for X hours.
Reply Quote

Just add him to your current game. He'll miss a bit of content, but if you can keep him alive he'll level fast.

I thought Blizz made it so that you get crap exp if you're in a party where you're vastly underleveled compared to the other players. Honestly, it doesn't seem like there is much you can do.

EDIT: I guess you guys can collect really good low level gear so that he'll be tweaked, but honestly you'd have to spend quite some time to get gear good enough to have any meaningful impact on the amount of time it would take him to level up.
Edited by Mutubah#1497 on 5/14/2012 4:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Join his game and help him through his game until he catches up to you and continue progressing as normally. It won't hurt yours or hits gameplay to do this.
Reply Quote
Five hours will not be a big deal.

Yes there are reports of the Koreans beating normal that fast, but seriously, they are Koreans. If they aren't the first to do something in a game I think it is culturally acceptable for them to be physically beaten.

Personally, I would go around, clear trash, open up way points etc before your friend comes on. Once he is, just power rush him through. Between the bonus from the superior trash and the boost from it being a multi-player game, he should catch up easily enough. Might miss out on some lore, but not a big deal there.
Reply Quote
Be that as it may though it won't take long for him to catch up.
Reply Quote
Create your second char? Besides that will let you score another good name before they all get taken. =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]