Diablo® III

Failed to run required program (Agent)

So.. after installing on 3 other computers.. and working on my own since 8pm monday night.. I FINALLY got it to work.. I, like many others, have tried literally EVERYTHING in this forum and on the web to get this to work. The very last thing I tried, even after dropping $120 on Windows 7, was unistalling my security software. It worked first try from my install disc. I hope this can help someone.. if you haven't tried completely unistalling your security system, I urge you to try it.
Reply Quote
After trying every fix there is.... I just tried Kowaldas method. I uninstalled the nvidia network thing and got through the update green bar and am now at the install screen. I have Vista 32 and a hard copy of the game... Hope this works.
Reply Quote
After i tried a lot of things, finally i made it went though the Agent.exe part, but now.. i got stuck right after that...

Just sharing what i have done.

Uninstall the anti-virus program and the firewall program. And also turn off the windows firewalls.

Restart computer.

After that i tried to re-do the installation again. Here is some steps i'm not sure if i did it during the installation: run the Agent.exe manually. The one we are using is actually under the folder Agent.954. Because the task manager shows that the setup program is keeping trying to run this one.

My laptop is running Win7 32 SP1.

Now it pops out new problem.. it feels like hacking into somewhere.. new problem keeps coming out!!!
Reply Quote
What is the Kowaldas method? Could you explain it in more detail?
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 02:07 PMPosted by KillPray
I had "Failed to run a required program (agent)" appears with the error code "BLZPTS00007" I Had tryed all the methods that were give but i found one that helped. I fixed the Agent.exe problem and got the game to install by going into my registy HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Excution and deleting Agent.exe.

I had the same error and problem. My agent.exe wouldn't run, and I couldn't see in task manager. I did the files transfer from the guy who posted his files, I don't have link, at this point I still couldn't get it to run. But I went to my regestries, and deleted the file above, and as soon as i ran the setup, I went straight to install. Do this for BLZPTS00007, it may not be the only thing you have to do, but it is vital.
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium btw.
Edited by Tomliginyu#1217 on 5/17/2012 9:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I read this entire forum and attempted each solution without success. As Kowaldas stated, his Nvidia Network Manager was somehow stopping the installation. I don't have an Nvidia Network Manager but I did have a Bigfoot Network Manager installed. I removed it and the installation launched and seems to be working as intended. Thank you Kowaldas!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Yes! Finally!

I'm running VISTA 64. I just uninstalled the "Nvidia Network Access Manager" program from my installed programs and I finally reached the install screen! No agent.exe issues. Thank you Kowalda!

FYI the "Access Manager" appears to be for an older hardware based firewall for motherboards with NVIDIA chip sets. I will continue my research but it seems that this old piece of software is redundant and defunct.

Q____
Edited by Questnfool#1669 on 5/18/2012 4:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Tomliginyu
I had "Failed to run a required program (agent)" appears with the error code "BLZPTS00007" I Had tryed all the methods that were give but i found one that helped. I fixed the Agent.exe problem and got the game to install by going into my registy HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Excution and deleting Agent.exe.

I had the same error and problem. My agent.exe wouldn't run, and I couldn't see in task manager. I did the files transfer from the guy who posted his files, I don't have link, at this point I still couldn't get it to run. But I went to my regestries, and deleted the file above, and as soon as i ran the setup, I went straight to install. Do this for BLZPTS00007, it may not be the only thing you have to do, but it is vital.
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium btw.

Can you please explain how to do this? same problem with mine Agent.exe doesnt run.
Reply Quote
People I tried everything and nothing works please help
Reply Quote
I do not understand how someone can make a game with such problems at instal.Nothing works had no instructions , I tried almost everything : (
Edited by Nauti#2972 on 5/18/2012 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard should give me a refund, spent so much for this game and it doesnt work.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
1. Go to: start menu2. in search, type: regedit3. find: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution4. in the Image File Execution folder, look for agent.exe5. If you find it, rename it. I just renamed it to agent2.exe6. close out of everything7. run diablo 3 Problem Solved
Reply Quote
does anyone from Blizzard actually view or respond to these threads?? I am ticked that I can't get this game installed on my buddy's PC when he has the same exact laptop as me. Mine installed with minor issues and his gets this stupid agent.exe error - have tried all the things mentioned on this thread and none of them work
Reply Quote
I have tried everything. Just at a loss of what to do.
Reply Quote
One tech from Blizzard advised me to install the whole thing in safe mode. Haven't done it though. Has anyone tried this?
Reply Quote
I believe most of us have, with no luck.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
So we all wasted $60
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Hunter
" the problem is that after you press Play the game never launches"

solution: create a new shortcut for diablo 3

1) go into diablo 3 folder, look for Diablo III.exe file
2) right click, create shortcut
3) right click newly created shortcut, select properties
4) find the target file box, add a space then add -launch

should look something like this when you are done:

"C:\Program Files\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch

5) double click shortcut to start the game (bypasses Blizzard's FAIL launcher)
6) curse Blizzard, and enjoy your time in Sanctuary

I tried about a zillion other solutions. This did it. I already had it installed, but had to manually start up agent.exe to get it going every time. THANK YOU!
Reply Quote
Another day passed....

STILL!!!!!

WE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN!!!!!

but.......

The power of the hell is on the move...

It has begun!!!!!

:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]