Diablo® III

Failed to run required program (Agent)

Thanks Barthus, that worked excellent.
Reply Quote
Nothing works for me. :( Was really excited for D3 release too T_T
Reply Quote
have tried everything in this thread, and nothing has worked :(
Reply Quote
Hi, i´m having the same problem, downloaded the game hundred times and every time i try to install the game, it stop on the "checking for apdates" ("atualizando arquivos do instalador", in portuguese)...

tried to delete and download it again (like 5 times), disabled norton, run as adm, but it doesnt work, please can some one put a step-to-step to fix this problem?

bought the game long time ago, never had problem with blizzard, but now... i´m really disapointed....

thank you
Reply Quote
Hey maybe anyone can translate this for the rest, THIS german advice helped me. everything else here in the threat didnt work.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/forum/topic/4078458056

GL everyone !!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I've found a way to run...
first delete battle.net directory (C:\program data\Battle.net) and make sure Agente.exe isn't running. Then remove all privilege from both Diablo III Launcher and Diablo III files. Don't run then as administrator. wait until update is done and play.

worked for me
:D
Reply Quote
Bought the play DVD. And got the same error: Failed to run required program (Agent) blabla. I've checked the settings in IE and Mozilla as told. I've restarted the computer like twenty times. I've deleted the freekin' C:\program data\Battle.net files. I've got Agent.exe filename agent524 but can't dbl click on it or open it. Have read this forum like four times. Been trying to fix this !@#$ since this morning and will soon go bananas on this %^-*. Help plz?
Reply Quote
i have the same problem @artbrez what do you mean remove all privelage?
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
If the user you're currently logged in does not have admin rights, you might want to check the IE Internet options on your Administrator user. (The user which you specify when running something as admin)

(Someone posted this on this thread, I believe)
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/15/2012 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Rogue
Sadly, i'm in the same boat as everyone else. Deleted files, restarted, ran as work offline/online, etc etc. When running the d3 set up, I get the same crap over and over again. It seems like everyone else is having the same problem with 64 bit windows 7? Also, when trying to download the client, at no point does agent.exe even show.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Rogue
7 hours of roaming through forums trying everything possible with no luck... this is quite a depressing morning.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
@silvy101 just uncheck run as administrator.
Reply Quote
took FOREVER, all the fixes, restarting "agent" while the updating box was up, restarting, etc. then finally install page came up.

good luck all.
Reply Quote
Everyone that stucks on 0%, try this
http://patchup.info/d3/tfil/NA/

Worked for me, but after installing i got an error when i press PLAY, saying that it has a problem with a bad file.... Anyway, i´m downloading the game again and praying to play this danmed game, lol
Reply Quote
i have been looking for a fix for 5 hours and then i looked at it some more and found out that i had THE US INSTALLER INSTEAD OF EU -.- Well 5 hours wasted not to play but thanks for everything here on the forum and hope you people can get it to work
Reply Quote
scratch that, went to installer but now downloading all 8 gigs of game...when my CD is in the drive...
Reply Quote
Yep, in my case, this happened when the installation got an error due to faulty internet connection. Simply kill the "Agent" process, then restart the installer.
Reply Quote
nevermind doesn't work FFS i can't play the game that i waited for at midnight launch -.-
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
This is the first forum that had a real admin make a comment that I have found on this issue, please don't abandon us now man, we all want to play
Reply Quote
I have the same problem here. Agent.exe, no matter which one or where I run it from, wont start at all... No process, no windows popping. I've been trying to fix this for the past 5 hours, I've tried every fixes I could find, nothing works. I have the pre-downloaded client, the current-download client, the install DVD. None of them works. The setup wont work. My last solution is to re-install windows.

If anyone finds a solution, please share it.. I'm formatting this saturday.

It's not a problem with Firewall or anything. I've tried them all. I'm an IT Professional. I know what I'm doing, but right now I'm just totally clueless. I tried registry, commands, services... I'm out of solutions and also out of patience.

I'll be posting saturday after formating to share if it works.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]