Diablo® III

Failed to run required program (Agent)

nothing
Reply Quote
78 Worgen Mage
After trying all suggestions in the forums to no avail, I finally fixed this!
Right click the installer > properties > click "Unblock" > click OK.
Install worked for me then!
Reply Quote
I know a lot of people will hate this....

The last resort seems to be to re-install a clean version of windows on a clean/newly formatted harddrive. I have tried upgrading, repairing, etc to no avail.

I have tried absolutely everything mentioned in this thread as my previous posts suggest.

Btw, I upgraded to Windows XP Pro 32bit from Windows Vista Ultimate. Vista sucks bad...nothing works unless you run it as admin and don't get me started on UAC always popping up and how much RAM memory it eats to look pretty.

Hoping I won't have other issues after installing.
Reply Quote
The regedit fix doesnt work for me because the directory didn't exist.

But I did manage to fix it. I can't believe it was as simple as running the Diablo III.exe as Administrator. >_<
Reply Quote
Binx, I !@#$ing love you. I used your regedit fix and boom, for the first time since I bought this game I've made it to something that actually says diablo on it.

And now it's actually installing! Well, it's been a few minutes and it hasn't budged past 0%, but the fact that I GOT here is exciting.

Edit: After waiting several more minutes and getting impatient, I closed out of the installer and tried it again. Made it back to the installer again (whew) and noticed that after agreeing to the terms, a message pops up saying "Diablo 3 requires a newer operating system to run."

I'm working with Windows 7 Home Premium 64... so wtf? O.o
Edited by Wolfe171#1272 on 5/17/2012 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Just wanted to thank you Barthus. I had the same problem but that fixed it. i also have not used windows explorer in quite some time. I switched to google chrome ages ago. Im still waiting for a ticket resolution from blizz but you fixed it for me. Thanks again.
Reply Quote
Finally!!! A solution from another thread that worked for me:

" the problem is that after you press Play the game never launches"

solution: create a new shortcut for diablo 3

1) go into diablo 3 folder, look for Diablo III.exe file
2) right click, create shortcut
3) right click newly created shortcut, select properties
4) find the target file box, add a space then add -launch

should look something like this when you are done:

"C:\Program Files\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch

5) double click shortcut to start the game (bypasses Blizzard's FAIL launcher)
6) curse Blizzard, and enjoy your time in Sanctuary

Thank you Smackdown!!!
Reply Quote
this doesnt work
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I had the problem of not even having an agent.exe process running in the first place, but then I got it to work after hours of forum cruising.

Step 1: Go into registry and delete Agent.exe (theres a guide on how to do this earlier in the forum)
Side Note: This worked, but apparently my installer created an Agent.954 and an Agent.524 which blocked it from opening the Blizzard installer (which caused me to freeze again), so I just deleted the .524 and bam. Happy Panda.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue I cant even get to the launcher when it tells me http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41990867/diablo%203%20issues.png
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I believe someone already suggested this on this topic, but my two cents here.
Me and my friends can just execute Diablo 3 after manually start the Agent.exe process on C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent
I just have to run this as Administrator and, after that, the launcher works just fine.
Of course, Most of us still have the "3007" error, that pissed me off until I just gave up playing this week, and two of them too. But you guys could have better luck than me :P
Reply Quote
Nothing happens when i try to do that it ask's if i want to allow access i hit yes an that's it
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Check if Agent.exe process is active (CTRL+ALT+DEL and Task Manager)

Tried to execute D3 after that?
We execute this manually and just then execute D3
Reply Quote
For some reason my task manager just wont open so i cant try that but i didn't install anything the error comes up a few minutes after updating setup... does nothing.
Reply Quote
my task manager doesnt ever say an agent is running
win7*64
Reply Quote
SYMPTOMS:
Done in Admin mode.
1) First time running setup, runs to about 30% then kinda halts until the error BLZPTS00007.
2) Task manager showed about 5 instances of "Agent.exe" running at time of error.
3) Restarted PC per instruction on error.
4) Ran installer again, however this time it is stuck at 0%. Resulting in BLZPTS00007 error and a bunch of "Agent.exe" instances.
5) Deleted the Battle.net folder per people's suggestion. Restarted PC; Ran installer and symptom 1 occurred again.
6) Done a bunch of cancelling Agent processes in Task manager, manually running the Agent.exe file as admin and combinations of this, however symptom 4 was continuous.
7) Shutdown virus scanner; ran setup in XP SP3 compatibility mode (Still symptom 4).
8) Done the Service -> Secondary Logon to Automatic. Still symptom 4.
9) Also manually added both the Agent.exe file and Blizzard setup files as allowable rules in the Windows Firewall. Still symptom 4.
10) Eventually tried the open IE, Alt+F, untick Work Offline. And then it worked.

Turning off Work Offline mode in IE worked from me. I don't use IE, so never checked it before. Took alot of effort debugging and trying various things.

For completeness:
I still had the Services-> Secondary Logon set to Automatic and Diablo setup run as Administrator on all users. Admin mode was needed, but I'm inconclusive on the Secondary logon. However the IE Work Offline was a distinct cause of the error and setup would only work after unticking. Alt+F from IE, untick Work Offline.

Post install: Started to have issue again, however I forgot to add the new Blizz Diablo launcher to run as Administrator (all users). Now game runs and have got to level 6 or so.

From a customer perspective, this was frustrating experience and I hope Blizzard can do this better on their future releases.
Edited by Crug#6655 on 5/17/2012 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
my task manager doesnt ever say an agent is running
win7*64

There is another tab on the task manager "Processes" Agent will be listed in there.
Reply Quote
I turned off work offline mode i think well it was never on would it matter that i have IE 7 cause i never use it.
Reply Quote
I installed the game on another computer and it worked fine but it wont work on mine i don't understand why?
Reply Quote
I tried a clean install of Vista 64 - ran all the updates overnight and was still getting the agent error.

I noticed in add/remove programs a Nvidia Network Access Manager - I uninstalled it - Uninstalled Diablo3 - Deleted Battle.net and rebooted.

Launced the CD installer and did not receive any errors - I have been playing for about an hour...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]