Diablo® III

Error Code BLZPTS0000J?

I've got the same problem. Tried all the provided solutions but none of them seems to work on Windows 7. Help!
Reply Quote
I finally did it! i just searched on my entire computer after "battle" to find anything related to battle.net, then i deleted all the battle.net files that wasnt tied to WoW. And that seemed to work!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
05/13/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Legitpwnage
Error Code: BLZPTS0000J"
Hmm, don't think I've seen this one.

Go into your C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Setup\diablo3_enus\Log folder and post the last log.

Worked for me! Thank you. been trying to do this sense yesterday :)
Reply Quote
Finally got someone on phone support to give me a straight answer. They have no idea what's causing it or how to fix it at this time. I sent my dxdiag files in one of my tickets and they said they would look at it. But as of this minute they have no clue.
Reply Quote
I don't know if this is going to help but I did try to delete the 'Battle.net' Folder on C:\ProgramData and the problem went away. But for you to see or access the folder, you have to do the following steps:

(I have Windows Vista btw)

Go to Control Panel> Appearance and Personalization> Folder Options

On Folder Options:
Go to 'View' tab> under "Hidden Files and Folders"> select "Show hidden files and folders"

That should allow you to access C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

I really hope this helps.
Reply Quote
Shutdown your Anti Virus.

Most AVs protect the ProgramData folder like a mother hen. The way that blizzard has one executable launching another, is a huge redflag to most antivirus solutions.

It is the same deal, if you ever have an odd issue with steam. They see the cascading launch of multiple exes, as a potential payload delivery system.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
I don't have antivirus. I have tried deleting battle.net folder and did not work. Of course I always open the client in admin mode. I also tried deactivating Windows defender and Windows firewall without success...
Reply Quote
having the same issue as well guys.. Now I have a 60 dollar DVD frisbee. Anyone wanna chuck it around a bit? :)
Reply Quote
same problem here, had the digital copy, called support they couldnt fixed it. they refunded my money, i went and bought the CD but the CD is just the .exe...no actual software (RETARDED). back to square one....
Reply Quote
Get the same problem running on win7 64x, tried most suggestions (opened ports, ran as xp compatible, deleted battle.net folder, bypassed router, tried safe mode, disabled antivirus, disabled proxy, even tried a vpn).

Seems like some sort of connectivity issue to blizzard as my download drops to 0 kb/s when I disable peer to peer, but can download fine from peers. However, once files are downloaded, can't even begin the install due to this BLZPTS0000J error. I don't think the ISP is responsible for the connectivity issue as my friends who use same ISP are able to install without issues. I also own SC2 which installs, patches, and runs completely fine (I confirmed that I get above 0 kb/s directly from Blizzard with peer to peer disabled with the SC2 downloader).

Haven't tried on an xp machine but I'm not about to go buy one just for this... No help from support so far, they just automatically assigned "resolved" to the ticket after a day because their ticket volume is too high. If anyone finds a way to solve this, would be great to know.
Edited by EmperorGlory#1201 on 5/16/2012 4:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
HEY!!
A guy call liver7 provide this and works for me Click StartClick Control PanelIf you are in Classic View:Select Folder OptionsClick the View tabIn Advanced Settings under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.Click OK.If you are in Category View:Select Appearance and PersonalizationIn the Folder Options section, select Show hidden files and folders. This will bring up the Folder Options window.Click on the View tab.In the Advanced Settings section under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.Click OK.Try again to navigate to the proper folder:Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\Battle.netWindows XP: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application DataDelete the folder, then reattempt the installation. this worked for me!!!
Reply Quote
HEY!!
A guy call liver7 provide this and works for me
Click StartClick Control PanelIf you are in Classic View:Select Folder OptionsClick the View tabIn Advanced Settings under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.Click OK.If you are in Category View:Select Appearance and PersonalizationIn the Folder Options section, select Show hidden files and folders. This will bring up the Folder Options window.Click on the View tab.In the Advanced Settings section under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.Click OK.Try again to navigate to the proper folder:Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\Battle.netWindows XP: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application DataDelete the folder, then reattempt the installation. this worked for me!!!

Thanks for the reply but this is something I have already tried and unfortunately does not work for me. Any other workarounds?
Reply Quote
78 Worgen Mage
After trying all suggestions in the forums to no avail, I finally fixed this!
Right click the installer > properties > click "Unblock" > click OK.
Install worked for me then!
Reply Quote
What do you specifically mean by "installer"???
Reply Quote
Hey guys today I got some interesting info. I have been trying to install (always deleting battle.net folder) using my smartphone 3G connection data. And it works! Obviously, this is not a good fix, cause this connection is pure !@#$ (the whole game is 15GBs size and 3G download speed is ¿100 kbps?), but then I have noticed that probably this error has been caused due to port map or something about proxy/router configuration. Now I'm downloading the game perfectly from other place, and 0 errors.

Hope it helps you.
Reply Quote
One thing to check, because I have been trying to install this for the past couple days as well now with no luck. Finally got it to go.

Bypassed the router and firewalls and that is what got it to work. So it seems like it is a firewall/router/port issue. When I was trying to install, I was getting the error window immediately after double clicking the install program. Seems like it must try and go out on the net instantaneously to do the install and if there is anything that blocks it, it is a no go. I also had my AV software disabled too.

Really kind of a pain for an install. So if you are on a work network or a home network that is tightened down good or have a tightly controlled router or firewall, good luck.
Reply Quote
EVERYONE! I FIXED THIS!!! After almost 2 hours on hold with Blizzard Tech support, I managed to get past this and install the game.

STEPS:

1) Turn off Windows Defender.
2) Do all of that administrator stuff they say to do online.
3) Make sure all your ports are open.
4) Delete Blizzard Entertainment and Battle.Net folders under program data (its a hidden folder so you have to toggle the folder settings to show hidden files/folders)
5) Open D3 under my computer (don't double click, right click and go to open.)
6) Right click on Diable 3 Setup and Run as an Administrator.
7) Watch as your game downloads and get ready to get in line of Error 37's!!!
Reply Quote
Same problem here, too, as well. From both optical media and downloaded file. Run as administrator. Secondary Logon service running. Windows Firewall disabled. Astaro Security Gateway all ports open (no blocking in the log). Deleted Diablo 3 setup directory. Raised ticket and attached diagnostic files. Ticket was answered by pointing to a long list of links. The relevant one is http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZPTS0000J. Had already worked this page over. Re-opened ticket. Waiting ...
Reply Quote
Hello, got the same problem.
I found the problem in my case was from the extended functionnality of the firewall.
Check if your firewall (on the computer or in your network infrastructure) make some scan of the trafic for malware or HTTP compression.
In my case I must have disabled HTTP compression, Malware inspection on the firewall and remove the C:\Program Data\Battle.net\ folder to get it work.
I think that any tools that can limit the trafic or scan it can give you some trouble.
(If you can, check your firewall log and make some trafic sniffing with wireshark).

Good luck.
Edited by lastblade2#2692 on 5/18/2012 1:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]