Diablo® III

Installation instructions unclear...

15 Blood Elf Hunter
...on this point; now that I've completed the initial download I should be able to click on something to get to the Install screen, but nowhere does it say what that something is. I've completed the initial download as instructed at the presale downloader walk-through, but there should be a way to get to the installer (even though final install is not available yet). I've tried the Diablo III setup.exe file but nothing happens.

How do I access the install screen tomorrow?
Reply Quote
It really just depends on where you saved the folder to.

I can explain where mines at (windows 7), and I had it just saved to the default save spot.

Click on start menu, on the right side of that you'll see folders from top to bottom. Mine go as following: Brad, documents, pictures, music.

Mine is in the Brad folder, which for you it will be whatever your PC is named. Inside the folder is the D3 folder, and inside that is the launcher.
Edited by Smrg#1826 on 5/13/2012 4:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
Thanks!

I'm using XP; I stored everything in a folder called (oddly enough) Diablo III. But I don't see any file in any subfolder named Installer except for the Installer tomes. What's the name of the file to click on to access the installer?
Reply Quote
Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer

When you open that, you should see Diablo III setup. That's the installer.
Edited by Smrg#1826 on 5/13/2012 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
Hmmm...I have a folder by that name, but not a file. There is a file in that folder named 'Diablo III Setup.exe.' According to the instructions Blizzard has provided, if that's what I need to click, I should get a page with a big banner that has buttons saying Install, Manual and Exit. Instead, I click on that file and nothing happens...nothing at all.

Oh well, I'm in no rush. I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens. It would be nice to have things happen the way Blizz explains that they would, though. ;-)
Edited by RJR#1978 on 5/13/2012 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Read this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903950606
Edited by Smrg#1826 on 5/13/2012 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
what smrg said.

Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer
find that folder
did you randomly install it somewhere without knowing what you are doing?
or search on start menu for diablo III setup.exe

hesres the lamo way lazy butt
in your search on your comp search for documents and files hit the WIN key
type in diablo III setup.exe
let it do its search thing
then when u see diablo III setup.exe put ur crusor over it and right click and click open file location and remember where it is so you can access it come 16hrs PDT from now
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
Smrg and Uncharted. Thanks for your help; I had the file location, and the Secondary Logon Service was already correctly set. A computer reboot did the trick.

Thank you both for your assistance!
Reply Quote
Glad it's working! See you in Sanctuary!
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
05/13/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Smrg
Glad it's working! See you in Sanctuary!

I have no clue what that means yet, but I do hope to see you there! ;-)
Reply Quote
Sanctuary is the human world of the diablo series.

It's like saying "See you in Azeroth" for WoW
Reply Quote
so i was wondering are they going too give us a game key or is it just gunna be like WoW???
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]