Diablo® III

Failed to download a required file?

85 Draenei Paladin
i bought the digital copy of diablo 3 and installed it. when i try and run diablo 3 it goes to the launcher, sits at 0% for a few seconds and says "Failed to download a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again." I am wondering if this is normal. i know the game hasn't launched yet but i've talked to a few of my friends and they said they were able to get a cinematic to play and type in their account information. any help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I've got the same problem going on. It goes to about 4 percent then jumps to 10 percent and gives me the error ' Failed to download a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again.' Which is weird cause i'm online, and am not experiencing any problems.

Someone please help. I've submitted a general ticket but don't think that will be answered for a week -.-.
Reply Quote
There is a lot of us having these issues.
Reply Quote
Adding the diablo III launcher and Diablo III .exe in "\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\" to my firewall worked for me. Good luck!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]