Diablo® III

At 41%, Installation disc has been ejected?

I pre-downloaded the Diablo 3 installer and when trying to install, it stops at 41% with a message that says "If your installation disc has been ejected, please reinsert it and try again. If not, or if you keep seeing this error, please log in to Battle.net and install Diablo III digitally." Obviously, this is a confusing message because I do not have a hard copy of the game, but downloaded the digital version last week. Has anyone else experienced this problem and does anyone know of a solution? I can always download the game again, but I would like to avoid doing so until I know more about the problem. For all I know, downloading it again will just have the same results.

Edit: Resolved this issue by following Jurannok's instructions below.
Edited by Chief2Hands#1724 on 5/14/2012 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same problem here.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Chief2Hands,

This error indicates that the downloader did not finish downloading game files when it was run previously. If you still have that downloader on your system, restart it and it should start downloading files again. Make sure to select the same folder that you put the D3 Installer in before so that it picks up where it left off.

If you no longer have the downloader, then you can use the Digital download that is currently on the website. It's accessable by logging in to your account and selecting Diablo 3.

Check your G-diffuser system!
Reply Quote
if i download the1 of the website do i have 2 star from 0?
Reply Quote
I will give that a shot. Thanks for the quick reply.
Reply Quote
Jurannok,

I also had this problem with my install stopping at 41%. So I deleted everything figuring that it was a bad download. I went to the website to re-download the digital version and ran that program. It appears to look just like the D3 beta downloader - meaning that it shows that the game is "playable" after it's downloaded to a certain point. I'm fearful that I've downloaded the wrong thing because there is no "install" option anywhere. Please help!

Thanks!
Edited by Viper#1935 on 5/14/2012 2:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
VulcanRaven,

Yes, the installer currently on the website is the streaming installer we're using from this point forward. If you didn't complete the download with the pre-downloader, then use the new one to get the whole game.

OctavianXXII,

That is the correct installer. There's no install button because the streaming installer is installing as it downloads. It's no longer a download followed by an install, it's both at once.

Check your G-diffuser system!
Reply Quote
Thanks for the quick response!
Reply Quote
Restarting the downloader resolved the issue for me, eventually. The first time I ran it, the check went through quickly and did not download any more files, resulting in the installation stopping at 41% again. I then noticed that the Installer Tome 3.MPQE file, which was incomplete before, had not changed. I deleted that file then ran the downloader again. This time it spent a little over an hour downloading and, when finished, that file was complete. The installation then completed successfully. Thanks for the help, Jurannok.
Reply Quote
Hey, initially I downloaded the EN-US client but I had major installation problems. So when the new EN-GB client was released, I downloaded that instead. Now when I try to install, it doesn;t even try to install and says "game disk ejected blah blah blah".

Is this because I'm from AUS, but trying to use a EN-GB client?? I didn't think that would matter? I already tried downloading over the original files incase something did not download properly and nothing changed, same problem. HELP BLUEY!!!
Reply Quote
Nevermind, I did some more research (as normal people should instead of complaining). I ended up downloading the new EN-US client which downloads/installs the game simultaneously as stated above. cheers
Reply Quote
110 Blood Elf Warlock
hi, i read the comments above and did what you guys did but the other night when i was downloading it, it made it to 7.60 of 7.60 GB im not sure if it finished or not but iv restarted the downloader and it jumped to 416 MB then started to download saying 416 MB of 7.60 GB. it isnt going to re-download it all over again is it because my net has a cap and i really dont want to cap myself right away :S
Reply Quote
hi, i read the comments above,
i redownload client in account page and start to check my download file,
for installer Tome 3.MPQE, it was .part at the end of file name,
the strange is this, when i start to check my download file, dler can not correct and fix Tom 3.mpqe !!!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Mash, I had the same issue with Tome 3.MPQE.part, so I just deleted that file then ran the downloader again and it fixed the problem.
Reply Quote
everytime if i had 41% it comes the massage: game disk ejected blah blah, i deleted the Tome 3.MPQE.part but it doesnt work..need help pls!
Reply Quote
14 Goblin Shaman
You are going to have to reinstall the whole game because of the piece of crap faulty downloader that Blizzard released and never bothered testing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]