Diablo® III

WHy IS It Downloading SO SLOW!!!!

can i get a reason why blizz downloader takes forever to download this, when i disable peer to peer it doesnt even connect and just doesnt download at all, in peer to peer mode its slow as balls because the upload speeds of everyone are terrible
can someone help, or is it slow for everyone and disabling peer to peer to connect to blizzards main network doesnt work for everyone also
Reply Quote
bump,
i tried the troubleshoooting for blizz, doesnt work
Reply Quote
Cause there's like millions of people like you that waited to the last day to download the game when it's been available since March?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
05/14/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Rasputin
Cause there's like millions of people like you that waited to the last day to download the game when it's been available since March?

^^^^^^^^^
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Try disabling peer to peer.
Reply Quote
1 its always taken forever, its like they have a governor on it or somin, and there are alot of people dl it today so your going to see slow downloads
Reply Quote
Found a post on this last night, didn't have this problem myself but this might help you.

For windows 7, go to control panel -> network and internet -> internet options -> connections -> LAN settings -> uncheck automatically detect settings.

Apparently worked for a lot of people with snail download speeds.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Would somebody please tell me where you find the client, I've looked on the website and in my bnet account for it but I cannot find the installer anywhere.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Uraeus
Try disabling peer to peer.

This usually works.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Go to internet explorer -> tools -> internet options -> Connections -> Lan settings

Uncheck Automatically Detect Settings, and hit OK as many times as you need to get out of IE.

Start downloader again

Leave P2P on in the downloader
Edited by Cogwheel#1734 on 5/14/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

In his defense, i'm having to re-download it because of the missing/corrupted files that I received when I downloaded it a while back. I'm sure MANY other people are in this same scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Except the installer wouldn't run until today, and that is when the game itself downloads through the launcher.

OP, a bazillion people are trying to install this, cool your heals and go for a walk or take a nap or something, it will install eventually.
Reply Quote
If you have any sort of antivirus going just disable it for the download, mine went from 25~KB/s to full speed after i did that, and I just re-enabled it later.

Also do this: Uncheck "Automatically Detect Connection Settings)
You get there by going to your settings in your Browser (I'm using Chrome). It will be in: "Internet Properties".

- From there go to "Connections".
- Then click on "LAN Settings".
- UNCHECK "Automatically Detect Settings".
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I had my downloaded in under ten minutes. I did it about 2 hours ago.
Reply Quote
12 Human Mage
Took about 30 minutes to install for me, GL OP <3
Reply Quote
Good thing I downloaded it yesterday. I had peer to peer disabled but it still took about 4 hrs at the least.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Jaifralon
I had my downloaded in under ten minutes. I did it about 2 hours ago.

I highly doubt anyone can download 3.6 something gb in 10 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Good thing I downloaded it back in March.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
don't worry, you really only have to get about half way into the yellow before you can play it semi-reliably so it should be done before the servers go live. but yeah as others have said, don't wait till the last minute to do things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]