Diablo® III

WHy IS It Downloading SO SLOW!!!!

Found a post on this last night, didn't have this problem myself but this might help you.

For windows 7, go to control panel -> network and internet -> internet options -> connections -> LAN settings -> uncheck automatically detect settings.

Apparently worked for a lot of people with snail download speeds.

You, my friend.....just made my day!!!! :) :) :)

I was installing at ~1.5MB/s followed this and now i'm installing at ~4.5B/s

Thank you!
Reply Quote
i downloaded it a while ago, when i tried installing it, it said put installer disc back in and wouldnt let me install so i deleted it like people said to do and now its taking forever
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ok I'm going crazy here, Would somebody, anybody please, please please, I'm begging you, just tell me how to access the client installer. I cannot find it anywhere on blizzards site. And Yes I've checked my account and gameclient downloads, its not there.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
05/14/2012 02:20 PMPosted by AwakenedOne
I had my downloaded in under ten minutes. I did it about 2 hours ago.

I highly doubt anyone can download 3.6 something gb in 10 minutes.

See i definitely agree with you but i did the samething and idk how it worked, i literally go home today at about 5:00 and started the download and it finished in probably about 10 minutes and i was like damn, blizzard you actually did something right for installation so however it worked, idc because i'm good to go :D
Reply Quote
@Abirn -- did you buy it digitally? I only ask because after reading the launch guide, I was under the impression that the downloader would be open to the public (for people like me, who preordered the collector's edition), but it seems that I misread it in my excitement. If you bought it digitally, then I don't know what to tell you, but if you didn't, I believe you have to wait until you get your discs unless you were in the closed beta and got a starter edition, based on what I've read thus far.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
05/14/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Rasputin
Cause there's like millions of people like you that waited to the last day to download the game when it's been available since March?

Actually there's quite a few people (I wont say millions) who downloaded early that are being forced to download again due to Blizz removing the old downloader from their site and replacing it with an installer... Or something close to that.

I was one of these many at first, but found the old downloader saved elsewhere on my system and then it took like 10 minutes because i could ACTUALLY access the original pre-download. I think anyone without the original downloader still on their system might be screwed.

And by "screwed" i mean re-downloading the entire 8Gb again.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
05/14/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Echartea
@Abirn -- did you buy it digitally? I only ask because after reading the launch guide, I was under the impression that the downloader would be open to the public (for people like me, who preordered the collector's edition), but it seems that I misread it in my excitement. If you bought it digitally, then I don't know what to tell you, but if you didn't, I believe you have to wait until you get your discs unless you were in the closed beta and got a starter edition, based on what I've read thus far.

I preordered the collecters edition, but it shouldn't matter, you cannot access the game without a key tied to your account so why shouldn't everybody be able to access it? I'm positive I heard that everybody would be able to preload the game regardless of where you bought it.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Uraeus
Try disabling peer to peer.

Yeah, def try this, it helped me alot when i DL'd this A MONTH AGO!

However if the servers are getting slammed, I don't see how using Blizz's dedicated mirror is going to help anything.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Downloaded my client from the Battle.net site a few days ago.

Ran the installer today. Got to 77% installed and then....

The speed crawled to something like; going uphill, using a walker, backwards, while carrying a two ton heavy thing, and trying to tune an old AM radio with the knob broken with the IRS nagging something about unpaid taxes from the bottom of the hill...
Edited by Khaot1c#1781 on 5/14/2012 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Rasputin
Cause there's like millions of people like you that waited to the last day to download the game when it's been available since March?

DING DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
2 ton heavy thing

Queensryche?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
05/14/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Maximusrex

Except the installer wouldn't run until today, and that is when the game itself downloads through the launcher.

OP, a bazillion people are trying to install this, cool your heals and go for a walk or take a nap or something, it will install eventually.

The installer does just that, it installs. Mine already downloaded the files I needed back in March. Install took all of 15 minutes and now I can get to the login screen.

If you downloaded the first file from Blizzard's site then sat on that file since March that is your own fault. You could've downloaded the whole game since March, only the actual installer doesn't work until today.
Reply Quote
47 Troll Druid
That sure is a slow download. :x
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:20 PMPosted by AwakenedOne
That's hardly amazing. 3.6 GB in 10 minutes is ~3700 MB in 600 seconds, which is ~6 MB/s, which is 48 Mbps. Considering that 100 Mbps connections aren't all that rare, it's entirely possible.
Reply Quote
This is like showing up at the post office on the last day to file your taxes and saying "WHAT ARE ALL OF THESE PEOPLE DOING HERE?!"
Reply Quote
I just redled it because the old download wasnt letting me install and i was getting speeds of around 1.8 megabytes per second so dunno?
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
Did you try checking the tech support forum?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926592965
Reply Quote
I had my downloaded in under ten minutes. I did it about 2 hours ago.

Considering I download 1gb in under 2 mins, its very possible.

I download 8 MB/s
Edited by Erazer#1833 on 5/14/2012 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]