Diablo® III

WHy IS It Downloading SO SLOW!!!!

90 Gnome Rogue
Same s*** happening to me I'm on a good connection too I have 3 other people using my wifi hot spot but I do download at 1.8mpbs per second normally. I prob have to end up re downloading the entire game again I'm missing the files too and I downloaded this 1 month ago and it took me 1 hour
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:20 PMPosted by AwakenedOne
I had my downloaded in under ten minutes. I did it about 2 hours ago.

I highly doubt anyone can download 3.6 something gb in 10 minutes.
Mine downloaded in 11 minutes, and it's 7.6GB. 100Mbps cable, but only because the 250Mbps isn't available here yet. Not expensive either.
Reply Quote
For windows 7, go to control panel -> network and internet -> internet options -> connections -> LAN settings -> uncheck automatically detect settings.

Thanks, Mythologick! Worked for my stalled download.
Reply Quote
LAN setting change just made my day!
I got stuck every step of teh way... it's finally over!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Found a post on this last night, didn't have this problem myself but this might help you.

For windows 7, go to control panel -> network and internet -> internet options -> connections -> LAN settings -> uncheck automatically detect settings.

Apparently worked for a lot of people with snail download speeds.

I love you
Reply Quote
Go to internet explorer -> tools -> internet options -> Connections -> Lan settings
Uncheck Automatically Detect Settings, and hit OK as many times as you need to get out of IE.

Start downloader again

Leave P2P on in the downloader

This worked for me for about 30seconds then back to 1k+ hours

And to those saying that people should haved downloadedalong time ago.. I did but it was all messed up when i went to install today and am having to restart...

Wanted to play the game when it goes live but i dont think i am going to be able to... we will see i guess.

While typing this i turned peir to peir off, then back on again and its actually dling... saying 20h and droping thats better then 1k....
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
can i get a reason why blizz downloader takes forever to download this, when i disable peer to peer it doesnt even connect and just doesnt download at all, in peer to peer mode its slow as balls because the upload speeds of everyone are terrible
can someone help, or is it slow for everyone and disabling peer to peer to connect to blizzards main network doesnt work for everyone also

I downloaded mine way back when we where first able too and it took me about 6 hours to compleat.

You will probibly have to wait longer now consitering the game launches tonight and alot of players world wide are trying to download it now.
Reply Quote
If you pre-ordered the installer wouldn't download/run until today.

Mine says it will take 2 more hours with peer to peer turned off (thanks for those who suggested that). I just hope the servers aren't getting bogged down...and that it doesn't mean server crashes tonight. Are they ready?? ;)
Reply Quote
it did
Reply Quote
i downloaded it just fine at 6mb/s
Reply Quote
Go to internet explorer -> tools -> internet options -> Connections -> Lan settings

Uncheck Automatically Detect Settings, and hit OK as many times as you need to get out of IE.

This worked for me gents. Cheers!
Reply Quote
I just want to play the game now! no work tomorrow woot
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Start downloader again

Leave P2P on in the downloader

Did this, went >1000% faster
thank you
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I can confirm that the "Automatically Detect Settings" change works, currently sailing at 3MB/s. I have no idea why changing a setting in Internet Explorer's settings panel fixes it, though. What gives, Blizzard?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I am downloading/installing at a rate of 100-130 KB/s, $30 monthly bill.

What the !@#$.

Is there a way to make it go faster on snow leopard?
Edited by ModraPohlavi#1615 on 5/14/2012 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You are AWESOME! Saved me like 762.63 days of downloading lololol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Here is some information that I have collected from over the internet about why Diablo 3 downloads so slow!

1. On the Blizzard downloader click OPTIONS then DOWNLOAD PREFERENCES and then UNTICK PEER TO PEER CONNECTIONS, Close this downloader and open it up again.

2. Click START > CONTROL PANEL > NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER > down the bottom left column there should be INTERNET OPTIONS > click the CONNECTIONS tab > LAN SETTINGS > untick AUTOMATICALLY DETECT SETTINGS > PRESS OK, OK and however many times you need to get out. Close downloader and open it up again.

This made my download from 87kb/s to 3.6MB/s
Edited by Geospawn on 5/15/2012 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I followed the instructions for unchecking automatic setting in Windows 7 after watching my connection stall all day, IT WORKED, now the whole download will be done in 2 hours!!! w00t!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]