Diablo® III

Did the servers went live for an hour or so?

I'm in Sydney, woke up at 6 am, installed the game, pressed play, logged in and I played for 15-20 minutes after which I quit the game to make a thread about poor mac performance, now I see there's server maintenance and no one is mentioning how it was possible to play this morning.

What's going on?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
pretty sure we have to wait until 5pm, load of !@#$
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
wudddduya mean you LOGGED ON!

you must have the most uber hax out

nah select your region properly i dunno
Reply Quote
Guys, I swear, from 6am up to like 6:30, 6;20 I played the game. i woke up, checked if it was downloaded during the night, bought the digital pre order while the game was installing, pressed play, played the game...and now I cant...and everyone says we gotta wait till 5pm...so I'm confused because I did play it already.
Reply Quote
That's not supposed to happen.

You're really sure you weren't dreaming?
Reply Quote
I'm positive, I got so confused because obviously no one else managed from Australia to play it I even called my wife a couple of minutes ago to check with her that I wasn't dreaming. I made a Barbarian character named Serb, played around for a while, messed with settings to make my fps nice at native resolution and then quit the game to make a post about performance being much better for iMac in beta, I didn't even know that it wasn't supposed to happen, i read yesterday that the servers went live at 5pm so when i started playing it just crossed my mind that I read it wrong yesterday..after that one guy started attacking me how do I even know what's the performance now when the game is not live and then I realised I was not supposed to play the game.

Maybe the system got confused because I downloaded the client last night, started installing the game and only then, while the game was installing I bought o battle net digital copy...I dont know.
Edited by Skarter#6241 on 5/14/2012 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Priest
in your settings or options on the log in screen what region are you set to log in to? is your account global?

also you LOGGED OUT TO COMPLAIN?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
pics or it didn't happen!
Reply Quote
I quit the game, yes, to make coffee, complain about fps, take a shower and start properly playing a bit later...I figured servers are live, who cares if I log out...here it's online again...I made a screenshot http://d.pr/i/Smga ...how can I check out if my account is global?
Reply Quote
Ha! Nice work.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Mageic
pics or it didn't happen!

This
Reply Quote
I link the screenshot in my previous post, here it is again http://d.pr/i/Smga It's live again
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Priest
legit link, anyone?
Reply Quote
I use droplr application to make desktop screenshots, if you are afraid of some fishing virus trojan whatever tell me how to make it less risky looking and I will...I'm playing the game right now as I type this
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
yes it a legit link. Interesting to know he actually logged on.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
well . . . gratz u beat usa . . .
Reply Quote
I'm not even sure myself, probably because I don't know a lot about computers/accounts/battle net, diablo III system in general...when I logged in this morning I had no idea it was not supposed to happen, I just figured I didn't understand properly when the servers will go live

edit: Although I am really happy I was able to log in again and make that screenshot otherwise you guys would probably convince me I was somehow dreaming...I really did call my wife to double check if she saw me playing a game :)
Edited by Skarter#6241 on 5/14/2012 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
in your settings or options on the log in screen what region are you set to log in to? is your account global?

also you LOGGED OUT TO COMPLAIN?

"LOGGED OUT TO COMPLAIN?"

I couldn't stop laughing, some people, haha.
Reply Quote
Ok so help guys? What's going on, am I on a proper Australian server where I'm supposed to be? I dont want to start playing now and realise I'm who knows where and I gotta start over at 5 pm today.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Priest
sounds like you're on the european on asian server. you can see what server you're accessing on the settings window on the title/ opening screen
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]