Diablo® III

Did the servers went live for an hour or so?

05/14/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Skarter
Ok so help guys? What's going on, am I on a proper Australian server where I'm supposed to be? I dont want to start playing now and realise I'm who knows where and I gotta start over at 5 pm today.

Doubt they'd wipe it.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Karnas
sounds like you're on the european on asian server. you can see what server you're accessing on the settings window on the title/ opening screen

Yeah, it says I'm on Asian server...and what's interesting it says real money auction will be available after I log in???

And I can pick between The Americas, Europe and Asia...where's Australia, on what servers, will we get our own?
Reply Quote
Is your battle.net account registered to australia or somewhere else? You might have downloaded the Asian client.
Reply Quote
The majority of A/NZ will play on the Americas server, that won't be up for another 8 or so hours though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Link is fine, it seems thine Skarter speaks the gospel of paul
Reply Quote
I'm registered in Australia...so Australia doesn't have a "default" server we can choose or?
Reply Quote
Not like SWTOR.
Reply Quote
and you guys cant just pick asian server and start playing?
Reply Quote
!@#$ or gtfo
Reply Quote
what's !@#$ ?
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Priest
05/14/2012 03:47 PMPosted by AbortedHero
Not like SWTOR.

really?

they are both single player games

they both require you to be online to play

they both have finite content

and also free to play!
Reply Quote
Skarter, my advice is not to play on the Asian server if you want to be with the majority of Australians.

Most of the Australians will be sticking with the default region (America), and no content can be shared between regions as far as I know.
Reply Quote
You're on the Asian/European server.
Unfortunately you won't be able to switch to Americas - The server that 90% of ANZ'ers will be on - until next week, because Global play isn't enabled until next week.
Reply Quote
Whaaaat? But how did I end up on the Asian server anyway? I downloaded the enUS installer, my battle net account has my proper Australian adress, I bought the game with an australian pay pal account from Blizzard/battle net store wtf ...I wanna play with the rest of Australia, it's not my fault they for some strange reason put me in the Asian region by default...
Reply Quote
Can you just make a new character on the Americas server however? Or are you locked to Asia?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You're on the Asian/European server.
Unfortunately you won't be able to switch to Americas - The server that 90% of ANZ'ers will be on - until next week, because Global play isn't enabled until next week.

They have not put a time frame on when Global Play will be enabled. All they have said that is "once we are sure about stability" it will be enabled.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Abhorsen
Can you just make a new character on the Americas server however? Or are you locked to Asia?

I don't know, I was certain I'll do just that at 5 pm but now Raven with his post got me scared :)
Reply Quote
I think Raven means that the character you created in the Asian server will be locked to Asia and won't be able to play globally until next week.
Should be no problem logging into America server later today and start a new character.
Reply Quote
The default installer for me was the EU one, but I'm pretty sure my region still defaulted to the Americas.
Perhaps you defaulted to EU and managed to be one of the first on?
Reply Quote
oh, so later on you will be able to move your characters from server to server? I didn't even know that...but anyway...if I am able to make a new character on a server where people from Australia play I'll be happy...that's all I want.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]