Diablo® III

Video Card Intel (R) G45 G43

55 Worgen Death Knight
I usually don't worry about this too much, i've never really had a game not run with any computer I ever own. But, I did some surfing and found my video card is Unsupported. Does that mean it won't run? I mean, video card came with the computer(relatively new) I bought I really wouldn't think D3 would make you buy top of line graphics card although it'd be useful for me.

Just want opionions. I already pre-ordered i'd be pretty pissed if it didn't work.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
You don't need top of the line cards to play Diablo III but you can't use bottom of the line ones made for web surfing. You can probably hit escape when the time comes and see if you can put up with the performance it gives.
Reply Quote
I usually don't worry about this too much, i've never really had a game not run with any computer I ever own. But, I did some surfing and found my video card is Unsupported. Does that mean it won't run? I mean, video card came with the computer(relatively new) I bought I really wouldn't think D3 would make you buy top of line graphics card although it'd be useful for me.

Just want opionions. I already pre-ordered i'd be pretty pissed if it didn't work.

If you posted your system specs you could get a useful answer.

As was mentioned, you don't need a top of the line card but you can't have a low end one from 5 years ago either. Blizzard always goes to great lengths to ensure their games run on a wide range of video cards.
Reply Quote
If your video card is unsupported, and you hit esc on the msg saying that, you will get a black screen instead of the log-in screen. There are work arounds for it, that you can search the forums for, but it doesn't work with all unsupported cards. Even if it does work though, the game will run extremely bad and will be close to unplayable.

EDIT: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903520596

Found the work around for you. As the blue poster said though, if you try this and it works, do not come here complaining how bad it runs, since the video card is unsupported to begin with.
Edited by Smrg#1826 on 5/12/2012 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]