Diablo® III

Upgrading Video Card

85 Night Elf Rogue
Hey Everyone,

Currently, my only issue in being able to run D3 "pleasantly" is my video card. I have...

AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

... which isn't able to run D3, so I've been told, and I'm looking to upgrade. Since I'm not exactly a genius when it comes to this stuff, I was wondering.

1. What's a good website to pick up a better video card?
2. How much do you think a better video card would be, approximately?
3. I'm using <HP Pavilion g series - Pavilion g7-1075dx> and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of how to exactly get to the video card. Is it computer specific, or a general process for all laptops?

Sorry for all the questions, Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
You can't upgrade the video card on that laptop. :(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Ah, alright. That's upsetting, but I guess I'll just need to get a new laptop. Do you know, by any chance, if I'll be able to at least "play", with this video card at lowest settings, or will it be unplayable due to lagging, and etc?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
It'll be a choppy ride but it'd run.
Reply Quote
Laptops are not video upgradable, you get what you pay for in that regard.

I'd try the release on the laptop and see if acceptable, and go from there.

A reasonable gaming laptop with good video is likely running $800+ just FYI. (and that's really at the lower end)
Reply Quote
Hi,
You can upgrade your videocard at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=es&cc=es&dlc=es&sw_lang=&product=5189170

This is the Spanish site adress, but I suppose it will work for you too.

Just check your OS version (usually W7 64 bits) and then select graphic controllers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]