Diablo® III

Which Primary Attack Gens Most Fury?

here is a build I'm tweaking...Lets pretend it's a main hand w/ Mighty Weapons for +3 Fury per hit

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahYdkP!cYW!YYYZZc

The idea is to get max Fury asap, then trigger Wrath of the Berserker and try to keep it going as long as possible.

My question is, which combo of skills and primary attack generates the most fury the fastest vs a solo Boss?

Remember that Wrath of the Berserker is active, so there's another +25% attack speed for Bash and Frenzy.

Animosity adds +10% Fury gen. does this mean everything that generates Fury gets the +10% bonus?

Bash - Instigation (15 Fury per attack +10%)
Frenzy - Maniac w/ maxed out attack speed bonus of +75% (6 Fury per attack +10%)

I'm not sure if the increased attack speed of Frenzy is enough to gen more Fury than Bash with a Mighty wep. How fast is a Bash attack? Is it possible to Bash 2 times per second? Lots of variables here.
Reply Quote
I'm inclined to say Bash because it generates over double the Fury and isn't less than 1/2 the speed of Frenzy. I'd be more intrigued to see if the Mighty Weapon is worth it for the extra Fury per attack because I am assuming it is some huge weapon that is VERY slow. It will most likely be best to go with a regular sword to maximize Fury gained assuming you don't mass IAS on the rest of your gear.
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Death Knight
05/13/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Zeratul
I'd be more intrigued to see if the Mighty Weapon is worth it for the extra Fury per attack because I am assuming it is some huge weapon that is VERY slow. It will most likely be best to go with a regular sword to maximize Fury gained assuming you don't mass IAS on the rest of your gear.

There are both one handed and two-handed mighty weapons. They are the same speed as axes at default. A little slower than swords but faster than maces or spears.

1.5 aps - Daggers
1.4 aps - Swords, Fist Weapons, and Ceremonial Knives
1.3 aps - Axes and Mighty One-Handers
1.2 aps - Maces and Spears
Reply Quote
If you're using Weapons Master with mighty weapons, there's no reason to take Bash with Instigation instead of Bash with Onslaught. Onslaught's reverberations will give you the same 15 fury per attack for more damage. Cleave with Reaping Swing generates fury a tiny bit faster than full-stacked Frenzy against a single target, but if you you hit at least 2 targets, it's the fastest fury generator.
Reply Quote
It has been speculated that because WotB - thrive on chaos reads fury 'gained' increases the duration as opposed to fury 'generated' that only fury that actively fills your health bar will count towards increasing the duration.

Mostly just something to test when you get there, but I thought you should be aware.
Reply Quote
Depends on if your talking single target or multi mobs, I know on my barb I will be using Cleave with Reaping swing for groups of mobs. Frenzy for single target dmg + fury gained.Frenzys plus to attack speed only effects Frenzy not other skills so its only good for single targets imo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]