Diablo® III

could not install.invalid installation option

won't let me install giving error "invalid installation options". trying again does not resolve issue.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Death Knight
I'm having the same problem. Don't understand what the problem is.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Same here. :/

Edit: Think I've figured mine out. The problem was that I had assigned the installation to a different folder.

You have to stick to the default install location. Once it's done, then you can move the folder wherever.
Edited by Sojourna#1586 on 5/14/2012 8:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Same here. :/

Edit: Think I've figured mine out. The problem was that I had assigned the installation to a different folder.

You have to stick to the default install location. Once it's done, then you can move the folder wherever.

I'm getting same issue as others in this thread. How do I know what my default install location is?
Reply Quote
21 Undead Warrior
Im getting this too. What causes this?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/14/2012 09:19 AMPosted by PFG
Try exiting the launcher and re-entering it a few times. Eventually you'll see it update the setup files once again, and afterward it should work as intended. At least it did for me anyway.

all that got me was back to "updating setup files" stalled window. So I had to go back and delete programdata>battle.net. And then recreate the folder again, still in that process, but I assume I'll be back to the: "invalid installation options" problem once it finishes.

UPDATE: Mine worked fine after going through this process. Not sure what exactly fixed it(my above mentioned assumption proved false), but I hope it can be of help to others.
Edited by Pikkel#1149 on 5/14/2012 9:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Anybody have more insight? My friend in Australia who is using a 2011 Mac is getting the same error message. She's using the physical cd from her Collector's Edition of D3. I'm using the same model Mac but I downloaded the installer and it worked fine for me.

"followed the instructions on mac installation as specified in their little booklet and it Updates Setup Files for about 10 minutes then this lovely little D3 box appears and says INSTALL so i click on that and then i'm taken to the EULA which i scroll through. As soon as i click AGREE
i get the message Could not install. Invalid installation options. Please try again."

Please help?
Edited by Sheik#1984 on 5/14/2012 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
so i am also getting this and have no idea how to fix it, go to my battle.net act and enter my date of birth click windows to start it > which gives me the Diablo III setup > click run then it shows the Updating Setup Files > eventually making it to the main Launcher page > click Install then im prompted to scroll down a very short agreement click accept and get that damn "invalid installation options" over and over, i need help I am getting really upset
Reply Quote
did you move the battle.net folder into your default location?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
For unexpected error, go back to the downloader and make sure the small print directly below the files says the country and language that's appropriate to you.
Reply Quote
i just deleted the d3 file from the battle.net folder and let the update redownload and ir fixed my problem
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Fake0Fergbo
did you move the battle.net folder into your default location?
what do you mean by this ?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Fake0Fergbo
i just deleted the d3 file from the battle.net folder and let the update redownload and ir fixed my problem

what do you mean by this?
Reply Quote
literally delete the battle.net folder and execute AGAIN the setup. it downloads a new battle.net folder with all its contents hopefully working.

i have been doing this for like an hour and it still ends up with invalid installation options.................................... no blue helpers around, all links to other similar threads deleted. bnet support thread also deleted or inaccessible. dafUq?
Reply Quote
This seems to be a prevalent problem but nobody knows what's causing it or how to fix it? I've seen several suggestions but none seem applicable to the problem at large. Still looking for an answer. :(
Reply Quote
88 Orc Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-installation-troubleshooting-pc
myb this could help, im trying some stuff right now, gl.... ;\
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Same problem! Ah the joys of launch day.
Reply Quote
Ayup, same here. I just keep gettiing the "updating setup files" then the installer, then the could not install. I have a VERY slow internet connection and i REALLY dont want to wait 2 days re d/ling it.....
Edited by Retro68#1216 on 5/14/2012 11:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]