Diablo® III

could not install.invalid installation option

85 Orc Hunter
same issue here
Reply Quote
88 Orc Death Knight
If that does not resolve the issue, delete the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder and try the installation again. The launcher will automatically rebuild this folder. If you cannot locate this folder, try these steps:

Click Start
Click Control Panel
If you are in Classic View:
Select Folder Options
Click the View tab
In Advanced Settings under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
Click OK.
If you are in Category View:
Select Appearance and Personalization
In the Folder Options section, select Show hidden files and folders. This will bring up the Folder Options window.
Click on the View tab.
In the Advanced Settings section under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
Click OK.
Try again to navigate to the proper folder:
Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
Windows XP: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
Delete the folder, then reattempt the installation.

This just worked for me, i think if u just follow that link ull get to the installation... GL
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
If that does not resolve the issue, delete the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder and try the installation again. The launcher will automatically rebuild this folder. If you cannot locate this folder, try these steps:

Click Start
Click Control Panel
If you are in Classic View:
Select Folder Options
Click the View tab
In Advanced Settings under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
Click OK.
If you are in Category View:
Select Appearance and Personalization
In the Folder Options section, select Show hidden files and folders. This will bring up the Folder Options window.
Click on the View tab.
In the Advanced Settings section under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
Click OK.
Try again to navigate to the proper folder:
Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
Windows XP: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
Delete the folder, then reattempt the installation.

This just worked for me, i think if u just follow that link ull get to the installation... GL

I do this every time I retry to launch it...

still no luck
Reply Quote
I dont know if this will help anyone, but I deleted all the Apple related crap in the folder, and it installed after that. I have a digital copy.
Reply Quote
If you have windows 7, try running as an admin.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
05/14/2012 11:24 PMPosted by Landaren
If you have windows 7, try running as an admin.

Ive tried all the normal/recommended fixes
Reply Quote
Haha, well my friend has a Macbook so all the suggestions so far have either failed or aren't applicable to OSX. Anyone else having the same issues on OSX?
Reply Quote
Do you have the digital copy? If so try deleting the folder with the .app extension and the setupOSX.mpq file from the folder you d/led the game files to. I did that and it finally worked
Reply Quote
That is, unless you ARE installing it on an apple, and not win7......
Reply Quote
Hey guys. I was also having this problem. I'm not sure if this will help anyone but...I have the CD and I just kept re-entering the disc over and over...because of frustration. Well, after about the 40th time.. *not literally* it had to update the files once again and it worked.

I really hope you all figure it out in time. I really know how frustrating it is!
Reply Quote
I had the same problem. What fixed mine was exiting out of installer and reapplying the update patch. I deleted nothing and just ran diablo 3 setup again but this time it was from the disk intead of auto play. Worked like a charm. hope this helps... good luck!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Going to bed. None of its worked and ive been working on it over 8 hours. I would love to stay up and play but not another min troubleshooting this pos.
Reply Quote
For those who bought the DVD/CD, look at the bright side...
You just bought yourselves an expensive coaster!
Reply Quote
Same problem. Anyone figured anything out yet?
Reply Quote
Tried everyyyything. Nothing works. Pleeeeease help anyoooooone.
Reply Quote
I just bought the game on disk, installed it. Bang same error message. As one guy already reported in this thread i simply existed the installer, deleted the battle net folder, go into the contents of your diablo disk and manually click `diablo3setup` and run it that way. I had to go through the fairly lengthy set up again and then the installation option came up. Smooth sailing this time through, the error has gone. Hope it helps people.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 03:27 AMPosted by Leviathan
I just bought the game on disk, installed it. Bang same error message. As one guy already reported in this thread i simply existed the installer, deleted the battle net folder, go into the contents of your diablo disk and manually click `diablo3setup` and run it that way. I had to go through the fairly lengthy set up again and then the installation option came up. Smooth sailing this time through, the error has gone. Hope it helps people.

I wish that had worked for me.....
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Sigh... ive been waiting for this game for so long and now "Invalid Installation Options" wtf
Reply Quote
Same problem for me. Trying everything I know but so far no luck yet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Definitely need a blue post on this. Im having the same issue. This was after having to delete the program data/battle.net folder to allow the client to fix some corrupted files. PLease help, i just want to smash/poison/blow up/punch stuff/freeze stuff
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]