Diablo® III

could not install.invalid installation option

I agree with Bloodhalo i am on mac and it final accepted my install directory, so keep trying :)
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Rhuath
I have everything shut off antivirus, windows defender everything and still only getting Updating setup files...... then Launching Blizzard Launcher for about 1 sec thant back to updating setup files... been doing that all day and nothing. This is crazy.

same duno what i can do, this is just silly, you cant even install the game with out problems. I almost didnt buy this until a few days from now. I cant get my money back because I open the box this is just gg...
Edited by Darkhades#1455 on 5/15/2012 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
UPDATE YOUR SYSTEM!
Reply Quote
updating my system isnt doing anytyhing
Reply Quote
Same problem here. I will try some of your responses later.
Reply Quote
Alright, after Five hours of cursing and trying almost everything people suggested, what ended up working for me is updating the diablo launcher and agent.exe (the programs in Programdata/battle.net), turned out the setup update thingie that kept taking ages, was constantly downloading an outdated version of the diablo launcher (888) & agent.exe (524), I looked around and found launcher (1574) and agent (954) at gamefront.... downloaded and installed those and tried to install the game again. (by rightclicking as administrator to be sure) That worked wonders for me...

(If I can help even 1 person with this that'll make my day a tiny bit better)
Edited by Amyrthaios#2112 on 5/15/2012 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi guys, turning off your antivirus (avast, in my case) and windows firewall was the answer for me.
Reply Quote
I got that as well, I just selected a new file location and then canceled that request and let it take the default and it worked although it took 3 times to get it to work
Reply Quote
Had this and came here for help, in the mean time I closed the installer and restarted and everything worked on the second try, now just waiting for the large install.

Should mention I have windows 7 and about a year old base Dell computer and std edition D3.
Edited by TRANG661#1129 on 5/15/2012 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sign in to battle.net first, then run the install. Worked for me.
Reply Quote
But then it turned my screen black and started blinking invalid format. >.<
Reply Quote
What is that?
Reply Quote
i have literally tried everything, any mac users out there who had this problem found a result?
Reply Quote
I'm using a disk to install and after disabling my firewall and AVG virus scan the game finally installed. I was even able to install to my D: drive. Don't forget to run it as admin. For mac users try running it as root. <= Just a guess...Also, make sure to disable firewalls or virus scanners your machine may have running.
Reply Quote
So I've tried EVERYTHING!!! And now I'm trying to run it as admin... really hope it'll work.. but it's lame that I have to download the whole launcher AGAIN! is there any way I don't have to do that, or?
Reply Quote
Port Forwarding finally helped me get rid of the "invalid installation option" message.

Checking the log file in c:/programdata/battle.net/setup/diablo3_enus/log/setup***.txt gave me the right clue: "Failed to update Blizzard Launcher. Error code = 2600". So i checked all my connection settings and required ports the launcher needs.

Opened Ports 1119 and 6881-6999 through my router and it worked.

http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/firewall-configuration-for-blizzard-games#4

bjoernemann
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Same problem, as i didnt pay for the game ive given up, had enough of these problems with wow. Ill come and try again but only when someone actually answers all these posts!!!!!!!!!
Usual Blizzard !@#$e imo
Reply Quote
I got mine working. I tried once, got the error, then deleted C:\ProgramData\Battle.net. Then I launched the setup again, this time running as administrator. Worked perfectly.

Windows 7
Reply Quote
Hey friend.
I'm still stuck by this issue and tried every other solutions mentioned above but none of them worked.
I see the way you fixed this issue and want to have a try.
But gamefront seems like a website in German which I don't understand.
Could you give me the link in which I can download launcher (1574) and agent (954)?
Thanks a lot!
Reply Quote
for retail version: just re-mount your dvd and install to the original folder. it worked for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]