Diablo® III

Best solo/farming class end game...

What do you think will be the best class for farming gold, items to feed/twink other toons and sell stuff on RHAM. Just curious what everyone thinks. I am pretty set on my initial character but something tells me it's either the WD or DH?

The DH seems to have an advantage with it's speed (vaulting) but the WD seems like it could do some damage with all those minions and decent gear in terms of killing stuff fast.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
All of them. I believe they wouldn't allow one class to be the "best" for farming.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Nemuraan
All of them. I believe they wouldn't allow one class to be the "best" for farming.

Idk... as much as Blizzard would like to have all classes be on a level playing field for all things, I just don't see this as a possibility. One or two classes will surely emerge as the best class to farm items and gold IMO.
Reply Quote
I vote Demon Hunter. I played the beta and I was easily able to kill everything with my Demon Hunter before it could even touch me. If you learn how to kite with the DH, I believe it will be best end-game solo farming.

That's just my opinion for solo though, if you're Inferno farming with a group, I think there will be so many different "best" combinations, that it will make for a unique and fun "grind".
Reply Quote
Barb. He gets MF+ skills.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:23 AMPosted by BarrensChat

Idk... as much as Blizzard would like to have all classes be on a level playing field for all things, I just don't see this as a possibility. One or two classes will surely emerge as the best class to farm items and gold IMO.

I don't know about that. I mean, every class is going to have their upsides and downsides, but "best at farming" is such a broad, vague category it'll be hard to pin down a clear winner. It's only a little step down from asking "What's the best class in the game?"

In D2, basically two factors determined farming effectiveness: speed, and the ability to deal decent damage in inferior MF gear. With Teleport no longer being what it used to be, the two most mobile classes seem to be DH and Monk, but we can't say that for sure. Besides, we also have to take into consideration that farming in D3 isn't a matter of racing to the boss as quickly as possible, but hunting down all the champion rares before capping off with a boss kill.

As far as gear goes, D3 spells are designed so all classes are pretty much evenly dependent on gear for damage. Ultimately, I think the title "best farming" will be more determined by gear and skills than your class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]