Diablo® III

Being Below minimum specifications

86 Human Warrior
Will that hinder my ability to install the game?
Reply Quote
The game may refuse to launch depending on exactly how far below minimum you are. If you post the complete list of hardware specifications, we can tell you more exactly.

Make sure to include:

CPU
Video Card
RAM

Helpful to include:

Make and Model (with model number!) of the PC
Free hard drive space
Internet connection

The more detail you provide, the better we can assist you.
Reply Quote
86 Human Warrior
if you cant even install the game if you are below the requirements, then its not worth it, Thanks for the help. Looks like ill be selling my CE D3 later in the year
Reply Quote
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor, MMX, 3DNow (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 3GB RAM
Hard Drive: 320 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670 (2GB)

And keep sayin bellow minimum specs... :S
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Kailêy
if you cant even install the game if you are below the requirements, then its not worth it, Thanks for the help. Looks like ill be selling my CE D3 later in the year

I didn't say that. I said it may refuse to launch, depending on how far below. If you don't give us more details, we can't tell you for sure.

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor, MMX, 3DNow (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 3GB RAM
Hard Drive: 320 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670 (2GB)

And keep sayin bellow minimum specs... :S

Your system meets the specifications, there has been mention of issues with that video card as being incorrectly listed as incompatible. You should be able to ignore the warning and play normally (just press ESC).
Reply Quote
I can't install game.. that's the problem.. it's not starting install.. :S Stucked at 0% :(
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I'm below as well, but installed and played the Beta without any real issue so I figured that this would be just the same. I'm getting stuck at 0 or 1% now

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2.41 GHz
2.00 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT
Ample HDD space

So yeah, it's almost 7 years old now, I just had a different experience during beta and would like to know if they've turned on some stricter installation requirements with the release. The cynical part of me thinks they let me test it for free and then took my money but now won't let me play based on the same criteria. I hope this isn't the case.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
MrTadi me either it is saying my Operating system is outdated, along with alot of other people. I'd just keep looking for new posts but I have a feeling me or you won't be playing tonight maybe tommorrow if we are lucky. Goodluck though, btw your specs are good as well.
Reply Quote
Ffs... i've played beta on full high settings and i can't install D3 ?! :S Rly :S
Reply Quote
16 Tauren Druid
Ok now, my cpu died and im using an older spare, i am 100% certain it is below recommended, however i was able to play the beta without any real problem with it.
My brother recently told me he cant get the game to install because of the "below minimum" error. I cant check the reference right now since im not at home and neither him anymore, but i remember it being either 2.2 or 2.4 Ghz.

My point is, can i get the game to at least install and let me worry if its slow or whatever?, i cant really replace the cpu right now and im hoping i just didnt lost my money on d3.
Reply Quote
My CPU is below spec and I am getting stuck at 1%.

It installed fine on our main computer. This is just the spare laptop that I wanted to install it on so my stepson and I could play together a little bit, but I don't think I'm going to get it to run. It's a piece of junk Toshiba with a 2.3ghz Celeron (I think, something like that) so I didn't have high hopes.

Strange though, usually games don't block an install like that, they'll just run like crap :P
Reply Quote
can someone awnser this im stuck a 0% too ... what we got to do and i see a lot of ppl whit this probleme Wake up blizzard you are lauching your game tonight ... a little help will be appreciated for the comunity
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Gulrur
My point is, can i get the game to at least install and let me worry if its slow or whatever?

That's what I was hoping too, but it doesn't look like it :(
Reply Quote
indeed.. ffs..they sucked with those specifications.. -.-'
Reply Quote
16 Tauren Druid
05/14/2012 01:09 PMPosted by BlessedG
can someone awnser this im stuck a 0% too ... what we got to do and i see a lot of ppl whit this probleme Wake up blizzard you are lauching your game tonight ... a little help will be appreciated for the comunity

True, seen many with this problem already and i'm yet to find one with an answer.. useful or otherwise.
If anyone does find anything pls post :3
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
Same thing is happening to me I am right on minimum requirements yet it is telling me my OS is out of date,

minimum: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+ (or better)

I have AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000

and its not letting me install im on the phone with blizzard tech support but so many people are calling in right now, would love some help
Reply Quote
Those stuck, clear your C:\ProgramData\battle.net directory and try again, if you get a video card isn't good enough box, hit ESC and it will apparently continue.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
05/14/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Badfinger
Those stuck, clear your C:\ProgramData\battle.net directory and try again, if you get a video card isn't good enough box, hit ESC and it will apparently continue.

Pretend im retarded and you need to dumb that down :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the installer getting stuck at 0/1% is a separate error - I don't think it means the game isn't letting you install because of your specs. I got the error stating my OS wasn't up to date, and then my install got stuck at 0%, but I was able to close out the installer and run it as administrator to get it to work.
Edited by Rethen#1990 on 5/14/2012 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
man, i cant get past the damn "updating setup files" part... its pissing me off, same thing happens during the MoP beta installation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]