Diablo® III

Being Below minimum specifications

100 Gnome Warlock
I suggest you sticky this thread for others having this issue should they find the solution works for them.
Reply Quote
Has the game refused to install for someone WITHOUT just staying at 0-1%? For instance, has someone run into an error screen which closed the installer or otherwise indicated that the game would simply not install? Or does the installer, in fact, only error out in this confusing manner for those with lower-spec systems?

I'm sitting trying to wait out an installer stuck at 0% after a "Does not meet requirements" notification. I'm hoping I'll be able to install, although my system is below spec on the processor and the video card (Though I've seen better performance from my 6800gt than I've seen on 7800's.) One problem, I cannot check on the progress by install folder size, it's remaining the same. Though while I witnessed this problem on previous installs, after cancelling those installation attempts I did see the folder size change. It seems the folder size Windows XP is reporting only updates after the Installer is done using the folder, perhaps.

This has been one risky experiment for me. I knew I didn't meet requirements, and I intend to attempt play over a 3G internet connection, but I didn't expect to be turned down at installation. That's a disappointment I didn't forsee, and, frankly, more obnoxious than a game running poorly.
Reply Quote
Do this:
- run regedit (start->run->type in regedit->hit enter or click ok)
- navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows
- find the DWORD value called CSDVersion
- double click it, change value from 100 to 300
- restart computer
- attempt D3 installation
- after finished, change value back from 300 to 100 (not good to claim what you're not all the time)
Reply Quote
The game WILL be installing, but the percentage won't be updating. (You can verify this by checking back on the Diablo III.temp folder created during installation - which should be growing in size)

Once the temp folder has been renamed to Diablo III (again, not verified) the install SHOULD be done. I closed out the installer at this point, re-ran it and it said the game was installed and up to date.

Where can I find this temp folder?
Reply Quote
Guys, I had the same problem. Windows 7, GTX 460M, 8GB Ram. I ran the installer in Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode and it worked fine.
Reply Quote
Do this:
- restart computer
- after finished, change value back from 300 to 100 (not good to claim what you're not all the time)

thanks this seems to be woking for me so fare is installing the game fingers crossed
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
I know I meet the minimum specs, I exceed the suggested specs in some areas, but for some reason the installer refuses to do anything because my "OS is out of date", I have vista with the 2nd service pack, they even suggest you use Vista in the suggested specs, what gives?
Reply Quote
it doesn't install. :(((
Reply Quote
nothing is working for me either. I have been at it for over 15 hours. nothing any of these guys have said has worked for me so there must be something wrong here. i went to get a new launcher from the blizzard website and try to start from scratch and i can't even do that, it keeps loading right into the diablo 3 setup program. and frankly i'm really pissed.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Hunter
I managed (some how) to get the game mysteriously installed. I hit esc on every below system requirements pop up... I am .1 ghz lower then they want, they want a 2.8, mine is a 2.7

I noticed after a while the temp folder switched to a normal one, and there was a icon on my desktop.

So, I suggest just letting it sit there. I did close and reopen numerous times, each time it deleted the temp folder then restarted it.
Reply Quote
i felt inclined to reply as well i have a 2.2GHz processor and i keep getting the min requirements for the processor. i dont understand why i cannot install the game. everyone doesnt have rich parents that gives allowances of 1,000 dollars. with a slow processor i thought it would just be slow....this blows and my comp is 3 yrs old
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
In regards to my earlier posted solution, whatever location you choose to install Diablo III into, is where you would find the temp folder. For instance, if you selected C:\program files (x86), then you should find C:\program files (x86)\Diablo III.temp so long as the installer is actually doing its primary job. If this folder creates and is growing in size, you can ignore the "stuck at 0%" because it's actually installing and you can wait until the folder turns into C:\program files (x86)\Diablo III when it finishes; at which point you will have to closed the installer which will still be at 0%.

If the installer isn't creating the temp folder, then I don't know what to tell you. :(
Reply Quote
82 Troll Druid
I did what Salius says and it seems to be working.

Just hit OK or ESC when it says "below specs..." and notice your computer is working, and the Diablo III.temp file is growing. Seems to be installing without updating %, and I have played the BETA just fine too, so "Below specs" has to be misleading glitch

good luck
Reply Quote
Do this:
- restart computer

it worked! thanks a lot!
Reply Quote
FOR BELOW MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONS PROBLEM:

IF YOU RECEIVE THE BELOW MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONS MESSAGE DON'T WORRY! EVEN IF THE INSTALLATION HANGS AT 0% NOTE THAT THE GAME WILL STILL COPY/INSTALL THE NECESSARY FILES TO YOUR PROGRAM FILES OR WHICHEVER PATH YOU INSTALLED TO! JUST WAIT UNTIL THE DIABLO III FILE FOLDER REACHES 7.68GB IN SIZE AND A DIABLO III ICON WILL APPEAR YOU YOUR DESKTOP!! THEN CLOSE THE INSTALLER AND OPEN THE ICON THAT APPEARED OR RUN THE INSTALLER AGAIN. NOTE THAT IT WILL SURPASS THE INITIAL INSTALLATION SCREEN AND BEGIN DOWNLOADING UPDATES!!

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AS THE PROCESSOR, OS, AND VIDEO CARD ARE ALL BELOW THE MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONS HOWEVER THE GAME STILL INSTALLED AND WILL RUN. NOTE THAT THE GAME WILL BE VERY CHOPPY AND MAY NEED TO BE TWEAKED. EVEN AFTER TWEAKING IT STILL MAY NOT RUN CORRECT AND YOU WILL NEED TO UPGRADE.

HOPE THIS HELPS!! -shaste
Reply Quote
diablo 3 system req

Windows® Vista/7 (latest service packs)

Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz

2 GB RAM

VIDEOCARD
NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

diablo 3 benchmark pc performance review
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performance-benchmark,3195-5.html

all of you guys need to upgrade
Reply Quote
32 Night Elf Druid
okay i just got it to work guys the deal is let your disc spin for about an hour installing,close the install go into your Diablo III folder in your program folders and click on DiabloIII.exe ( application not launcher), and it should start updating. Pst ive been trying since12:30 tuesday morning, so if you have any Questions email me (not with your battle.net email but a different one at deathemarche@gmail.com (not my battle.net)) and i will help you as best as i can.
Reply Quote
thank you so much Mathieu! fixed my installer. tried everything else said here! certainly helped me learn alot more about my computer lol
Edited by GMD#1618 on 5/21/2012 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]