Diablo® III

Can't download

Ah, yes, it works again. Hail Blizzard :)
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
It was working for me, but it seems like the issue is back again. I downloaded about 500mb and got the message again.
Reply Quote
i got same problem crash :/ any blue for info ???
Reply Quote
Haha, yeah, problem started again ... well, guess we'll have to wait a little bit longer :)
Reply Quote
I ran into the same problem.

The solution for me was to simply redownload the blizzard downloader exe.

Here is what i figure happens:

The blizz downloader is based on BitTorrent.
If you open the "Connection Info" menu, you can see your Peer-ID (aka a client ID for downloading).
Every time u download the Blizzard Downloader exe, that exe gets asigned a different Peer-ID (i can't actually confirm if thats true 100% of the time, at least it was the case every time i tried it).
ReDownload the Blizz Downloader exe through your battle.net Account settings, you should see a different Peer-ID.
The tracker (aka server) checks if your Peer-ID (aka client) is allowed to connect to this particular torrent, aka download the Diablo 3 install files.
For some reason the tracker sometimes blocks certain Peer-IDs, although they should be allowed to connect.
Get a new ID by redownloading the downloader and you should be fine.
Edited by DummerPunkt#2167 on 5/12/2012 1:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Started working again, got to 84% and now its giving me the same error.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
Yea, do what DummerPunkt said. If you're not behind some uncommon network set up which requires proxy servers just re-download the downloader and you should be fine.
Reply Quote
I just had a look at the Windows registry entry for the Blizz Downloader, it doesnt have any entries/data fields for the PeerID, only for the two Connection Preferences (disable/enable Peer-To-Peer, Throttle / Don't Throttle Backround DL).

This further confirms my suspicion that getting another copy of the downloader executable via ones battle.net account settings seems to be the only working method for obtaining a new and valid PeerID.
Reply Quote
DummerPunkt's solution seems to work.
Thanks, DummerPunkt, I'll name my first born after you!
Edited by Burn#1999 on 5/12/2012 6:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I figured out what was wrong with my download. When I downloaded the game client, the website wanted to, by default, have me download the English (EU) version of the game rather than the English (US) version of the game. Your account is only approved to download one language version of the game I guess. The difference between the installer names were Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe and Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer-downloader.exe. Hope this helps someone else.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
not working for me :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Actually i think Poonters troubleshooting worked. I will let you know
Reply Quote
I am having this problem too. I followed the steps to run it as an administrator, but that didn't help.
Reply Quote
Now I got an answer in a ticket, saying;

"I think this may have something to do with the way you have your date set on your computer. If you could please configure to show MM/DD/YYYY. After you've done that and restarted your computer, get back to me if it doesn't work."

First off, does anyone know how to do this on Windows 7?

Second, does anyone see any point in this?
Reply Quote
Never started working for me, tried 3 times now just going to wait for a fix.

@BiggTerror, I will try that now. Sounds legit.

EDIT: Tried changing the date to MM/DD/yyyy and its now actually starting to download, although it could be a coincidence. Will get back if it works..in a longg time if it does.
Edited by Mahoni#1438 on 5/14/2012 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]