Diablo® III

An unexpected decryption error occurred

Thanks a lot, now my issues is kind of weird. I'v succeeded to dowload the full client in Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer.

I have no .part
I can lauch the setup

Here is the issue. (a weird one)
-When pressing on the install button theres almost 50% chance that its says the star has not fallen thing.Wich is normal but.
-Sometimes its bring me to the install directory, where i have to agree with the terms to install the game. I agree then its says : An unexpected decryption error occurred. Please contact Customer Support.''

I know there is a sticky about it but, i'v doawloaded the files in 4/5 different places and the files are the same. Heres all the directories and files in Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer :

- Diablo III Setup.app
------- Contents
-------------- MacOS
---------------------- Diablo III Setup
-------------- Resources
---------------------- d3.png
---------------------- d3icon.icns
---------------------- MainMenu.nib
-------------- info
-------------- PkgInfo
- Diablo III Setup.exe
- external_ressources.rcc
- Installer Tome 1.MPQE
- Installer Tome 2.MPQE
- Installer Tome 3.MPQE
- Launcher.db
- SetupOSX.mpq
- SetupWin.mpq
Edited by interQctoad#1821 on 5/13/2012 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Enable show extensions.

Open the Diablo folder> Click on Organize > Folder and Search Options > View tab > uncheck "hide extensions for known file types".

Then check again if any have the .part extension.
Reply Quote
Enable show extensions.

Open the Diablo folder> Click on Organize > Folder and Search Options > View tab > uncheck "hide extensions for known file types".

Then check again if any have the .part extension.

Done and still no .part extention. will update the extention in my thread.
Reply Quote
BTW. ''the fire from the sky still falls'' normally appear But when press on install again, it's brings me to the right and terms of agreement, and then when i press on agree its says ''An unexpected decryption error occurred. Please contact Customer Support.''

I do not know if i would normally be able to get the that right and terms of agreement section after pressing on install.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
it's brings me to the right and terms of agreement, and then when i press on agree its says ''An unexpected decryption error occurred. Please contact Customer Support.''

I do not know if i would normally be able to get the that right and terms of agreement section after pressing on install.
It ain't normal.

The installer shouldn't even take you to the terms. Check the file version of the installer.

- Right cick the Diablo III setup.exe file and select properties
- Click on the details tab
- File version should be 1.0.0.500

If it's correct, try deleting your Battle.net folder.

- C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
Reply Quote
SO how u fix can anyone help me
Edited by Muddah on 5/13/2012 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
05/13/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Muddah
SO how u fix
By verifying that none of the files have the .part extension. if they do, restart the download and let it complete. Read the steps above. =D
Reply Quote
I dod not know what iv'done but now i can't bring on to the right and terms of agreement.... wich should be fine i guess =P. Thanks man
Reply Quote
do i have to do that it just says that
AN UNEXPECTED DECRYPTION ERROR OCCURRED
Reply Quote
do you have skype or ventrilo i can talk to u
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
So if it has the .part extension run the downloader again and let it finish? File Version should be 1.0.0.5? okay. Doing these methods. Will post with update if this fixes error.

ERR!! Got to 7.56gb and lost internet connection. Download failed. Lost the .part ext. Back to square one!
Edited by Draz#1577 on 5/14/2012 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I had the same error message. If yer like me you put a D3 setup shortcut on your desktop. Delete shortcut, go into actual setup up folder and click on setup icon there. Worked for me, hope this helps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]