Diablo® III

Alternative installation option please

90 Blood Elf Warrior
I've tried downloading the game several times via the Battle.net site and every time it crashes without an error message or warning of any kind. It does generate a very large crash report, which I can post if necessary.

I was just wondering, would it be possible to simply order a game disc from Blizzard? I installed WoW just fine with the digital download, but the MoP Beta and Diablo 3 are both giving me these crashes while downloading. I've disabled all firewalls, changed download locations, run in compatibility mode, and run as admin, among other things suggested by other threads here, all with no luck.

I purchased the annual pass so the game is paid for, plus I'd like to have the box anyway (looks so pretty on the shelf). I don't want to buy a hard copy of the game just to install it, I'd much rather prefer Blizz simply ship out the game discs to those of us (paying customers) having trouble.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
You'll be able to install the game tomorrow using the web installer.
Reply Quote
05/13/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Barthus
I'm curious as to what this means. Will this solve the problem of people having the behind the firewall error or tracker not responding?
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
05/13/2012 02:47 PMPosted by AwakenedOne
I'm curious as to what this means. Will this solve the problem of people having the behind the firewall error or tracker not responding?

The web installer would be similar to the MoP Beta installer and the Diablo III Beta installer.
Reply Quote
05/13/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Ghalleon
I've disabled all firewalls, changed download locations, run in compatibility mode, and run as admin, among other things suggested by other threads here, all with no luck.

When running it in compatibility mode are you using Windows XP Service Pack 3 as the option? The reason why I ask this is because the agent.exe does have some issues communicating between its 32bit coding and the 64 bit operating system.
Reply Quote
I have tried downloading 6 times and every time it stops without an error message and does not save the progress. Will there be a better option for getting the client after release?
Reply Quote
80 Goblin Hunter
I have also had numerous problems with downloading. I have a whole folder dedicated to critical error crashes, and simple put.. can i just get a damn disc to install this with? at least that won't rely on internet connection to install/download. I got the download up to 4.5gigs downloaded.. after 3 weeks!!! of downloading at 50kb/sec it reverted back to nothing.. no warning nothing! Please send the paying customers a disc to install the game on!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
05/13/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Barthus

I certainly hope so. I thought they enabled early downloading so we could be up and running by the time it officially launches tomorrow. I'll just be a little late I guess; better late then never right?

05/13/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Kraze
When running it in compatibility mode are you using Windows XP Service Pack 3 as the option? The reason why I ask this is because the agent.exe does have some issues communicating between its 32bit coding and the 64 bit operating system.

Yes I am. It still runs a few minutes and crashes like I described. I guess waiting for tomorrow is the only real option at this point. Here's hoping it works!
Reply Quote
I think i'll wait too. Wasted 15 hrs trying to download the digital copy & getting error after error,

Lets just hope there isn't a new wave of issues once they release it.
Edited by AwakenedOne on 5/13/2012 11:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]