Diablo® III

Diablo 3 in 3d? How does it work?

I have an ASUS G73S, which, as far as I know, is 3D capable. How do you play Diablo 3 in 3D? Also, what type of glasses do you need (the laptop certainty didn't come with any)? When I was looking at the setting during the open beta weekend, I didn't see anything about 3D. If anyone could drop some knowledge in this thread I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Also: 24 HOURS!!!!!!

edit: silly me!
Edited by Stomps#1628 on 5/14/2012 12:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 12:00 AMPosted by Stomps
Also: 12 HOURS!!!!!!

Until what exactly?
Reply Quote
I think he meant 24.. ha, a little excited
Reply Quote
You will need to enable the stereoscopic 3d in Nvidia's control panel, as well as purchasing Nvidia's 3D glasses to start.

EDIT: Im way to tired to read through and explain what you need to do but, this link might help.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?3069-ASUS-G73SW-3D-How-to-Activate-Nvidia-3D-Vision

Link to buy glasses:

http://store.nvidia.com/DRHM/sstore?Action=DisplayCategoryProductListPage&SiteID=nvidia&Locale=en_US&categoryID=57243800
Edited by Multigun#1434 on 5/14/2012 12:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I can "enable" and "disable" 3D vision tho. Why would the laptop have that if it weren't capable of 3D?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I think I am getting to old to be playing 3D games. There have been times I have jumped out of my seat while playing bioshock, silent hill, and dead space in the dark..... I probably would have a heart attack in 3D.
Reply Quote
See my edited post

http://store.nvidia.com/DRHM/sstore?Action=DisplayCategoryProductListPage&SiteID=nvidia&Locale=en_US&categoryID=57243800
Edited by Multigun#1434 on 5/14/2012 12:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 12:22 AMPosted by Zergburger
You may need to dock it to a monitor capable of 3d stereoscopy. Not all monitors comes with the ability to produce the right effects. Your MB might be able to but that doesn't mean your monitor is going to look good. I have an ASUS N61JQ-A1 and played avatar in 3d with graphics maxed, it was a little hazy because of the monitor. Might want to think about that before buying your glasses

According to my research, his monitor on his laptop is capable of 3D. But I will agree with you, no idea what the quality will be like. Could always try it then if he hates it, buy the $500 + monitors after :p
Reply Quote
Thanks for the replies all.
Reply Quote
13 hours for me.
Reply Quote
okay i have an intel hd2000 that i want to try the 3d setting anyone know how to turn that on
Reply Quote
Lg 2342p (passive 3D) - AWESOME 3D - CAN´T RETURN TO 2D!!!! :D
Reply Quote
IF YOU THINK YOUVE PLAYED DIABLO YOU HAVENT UNTIL YOU PLAYED IT IN NVIDIA 3D. DIABLO 3 IS TAKEN TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL. STEREOSCOPIC 3D IS TRULY A MASTERPIECE WITH AN EXCELLENT GAME SUCH AS DIABLO 3

[Display]
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 560M
Driver version: 285.62
DirectX support: 11
CUDA Cores: 192
Core clock: 775 MHz
Shader clock: 1550 MHz
Memory clock: 1250 MHz (2500 MHz data rate)
Memory interface: 192-bit
Total available graphics memory: 4095 MB
Dedicated video memory: 1536 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 2559 MB
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
Reply Quote
Hey Stomps, I tried to send you a private message, but couldn't find a way to. I have the same laptop as you, and I'm having some issues during gameplay. The game freezes constantly, specially during battle. Are you having any problems at all?

Very sorry for the offtopic, but I'm running out of ideas to solve this :) Have fun everyone!
Reply Quote
I'm not an expert but is this not something to do with the "always online" connection? Game can get laggy if the Internet is dropping off I heard. Try plugging in an Ethernet cable and see if it still does the same?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]