Diablo® III

8:01 PST and Can't Install

East Cost install is fine. I've had the preload downloaded for a while now
for those that have the old pre download you will have to redownload they did a few changes to it and now its called diablo 3 installer_en-us so redownload the 8gb installer and it will fix all of the problems you guys have mentioned
90 Human Warlock
Yeah I keep thinking this thing is new b/c it still looks and runs like new and I don't have ANY problems with it. Then I think... IT'S 5 YEARS OLD! Longest I've ever owned a computer of any kind and still love. It's definitely at the end of it's life tho...
works fine just follow the directions and make sure its a new client download
85 Night Elf Priest
Mine installed just fine with no problems
85 Gnome Rogue
I have been waiting for the launcher to update the files, for about an hour now. The Diablo III setup keeps cycling between "Launching Blizzard Launcher" and "Updating setup files" every few seconds. Is anyone getting this same message. I have already stopped the process once and deleted the battlenet folder as was suggested by the troubleshooting site, and then restarted the setup.
Edited by AsmodeousIII#2188 on 5/14/2012 5:26 PM PDT
Installed 3 times today on 3 machines. NA win7 x64.
1 Tauren Warrior
I have the same cycle of "updating setup files" and "launching blizzard launcher"
I pre-downloaded a few weeks in advance and like other posters have said it's the old installer that's giving you grief. Delete that old download (7.6gb sigh..) and re-download. Worked like a charm after that for myself.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ya i started to install but stalled out at 77%......
I had the old installer and installed no problems.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
just go to your account dashboard and reintell it downloading that way for me
85 Human Death Knight
Well, maybe you'll feel better knowing some Amazon CE pre-orders have been charged but not shipped yet, with an "expected" release date delivery. NO guarantee.

Furthermore, Wal-Mart is now refunding some customers their preorder money and telling them they oversold the CE, and that their order is now void due to lack of supply.
05/14/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Bladekiazer
for those that have the old pre download you will have to redownload they did a few changes to it and now its called diablo 3 installer_en-us so redownload the 8gb installer and it will fix all of the problems you guys have mentioned

i downloaded almost 2 months ago and installed it with first try...
this is a stupid question, but where do i get the installer?
its not 8pst yet o.o its only 6:15
I had the same problem , It was a firewall issue, and also I had to redownload the digital client from the website.
85 Gnome Rogue
The Diablo III setup keeps cycling between "Launching Blizzard Launcher" and "Updating setup files" every few seconds.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gurubashi/Demolobo/
I have the same cycle of "updating setup files" and "launching blizzard launcher"

For anyone who cares, this is with the "full client" on the site, so it's not an old install. I deleted everything associated with any other D-III files, including the D-III beta [which didn't work either], reinstalled and started over. Still same story.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]