Diablo® III

ERROR: The file Installer Tome 2.MPQE could..

If it's any consolation to you guys who are redownloading - the actual installation is very short and only took me about ten minutes on my terrible internet connection. If you can download the whole thing in ~16 hours of less, you'll be able to play at midnight.
Community Manager
Yes, the 108 error is likely caused by partial or incomplete files.

You should be able to launch the downloader again, point to the directory holding the "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer" to verify game files and correct any missing data. Let the downloader sit there, even though it's at 100%, and it should eventually auto-launch the installer.

Alternatively you can download the client again (and make sure you don't close it prematurely this time), or wait for the new installer that includes streaming and doesn't require a full download.
Edited by Bashiok on 5/14/2012 8:56 AM PDT
47 Blood Elf Paladin
This sucks. We have to redownload everything again 7.6gb which will take me about 26hrs. :(
I let the download go to completion when I downloaded the client. Don't try to pin this error on us.
Turn your fire wall off. fixed my problem.
85 Gnome Priest
x2 this is wack... ill sit back for another 24hr download i guess...
i have no .part exts and a full 7.6g that finish 5/12/2012
Edited by HighxTimes#1878 on 5/14/2012 8:45 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
This happend to me, and re-download does fix it.
85 Human Rogue
i dont know why in the world blizzard lets this file to be downloaded a month ago for nothing because it does not work, have to download it again anyways omg... disapointment...
90 Troll Mage
05/14/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Bashiok
Alternatively you can download the client again (and make sure you don't close it prematurely this time), or wait for the new installer that includes streaming and doesn't require a full download.

Speaking of which, Bash, the streaming installer actually just replaced the old pre-downloader on our Battle.net account. You might make an announcement about this for any people having issues with their pre-downloaded versions. :)
90 Dwarf Hunter
05/14/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Ormed
This sucks. We have to redownload everything again 7.6gb which will take me about 26hrs. :(

Rofl 26 hours for 7.6gb idk if u can play this using dial up but gl
05/14/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Pavi
I let the download go to completion when I downloaded the client. Don't try to pin this error on us.

Just because it says it's at 100% doesn't mean it actually is. You can either rerun the downloader in the same location again (which doesn't have to actually download again, just scan the files) or you can redownload the whole thing. When you download even if it says 100% just sit there until it changes to the "Install" screen.

The way to confirm it left early is to open the Installer folder and some of the files should have .part after them. If it has this, again just start the download again in the same location and let it scan through.
85 Tauren Death Knight
Internet Explorer >Tools>Internet Options>LAN Settings > Uncheck Automatic detect settings and then it should speed things up for you. Also, disable your AVG too speed things too!
85 Tauren Shaman
05/14/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Ormed

It will not redownload everything. It will check all the files and download files to fix whatever is missing or corrupt. It doesn't take very long at all.
85 Blood Elf Warrior
So let me get this straight, the initial DL was 7.6gb and there's another 8gb to go....... nasty. Didn't think it would be this large!
Edited by jungleboogie#1407 on 5/14/2012 8:49 AM PDT
72 Blood Elf Rogue
05/14/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Pavi

Don't get all butthurt. Everyone else's is working fine. Soooo must be something YOU did.

Simply go into account. Re-install client. POW---rightinthekisser
i just deleted the folder and started the dl again and it brings up d3 client and starts downloading the game.
05/14/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Blockygame
So let me get this straight, the initial DL was 7.6gb and there's another 8gb to go....... nasty. Didn't think it would be this large!

You joking.....right? The downloader is checking my orginal download which is 7.6 gigs
Edited by Peag#1269 on 5/14/2012 8:50 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]