Diablo® III

ERROR: The file Installer Tome 2.MPQE could..

85 Human Rogue
Yes, the 108 error is likely caused by partial or incomplete files due to the downloader being closed before it was completely finished.

You should be able to launch the downloader again, point to the directory holding the "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer" to verify game files and correct any missing data. Let the downloader sit there, even though it's at 100%, and it should eventually auto-launch the installer.

Alternatively you can download the client again (and make sure you don't close it prematurely this time), or wait for the new installer that includes streaming and doesn't require a full download.

Pointed the installer as you said, and it seems to be redownloading some files, at least not the whole thing again but the ones that are incomplete, that seems to be working.
85 Gnome Priest
05/14/2012 08:49 AMPosted by HOWDOUMACRO
i just deleted the folder and started the dl again and it brings up d3 client and starts downloading the game.

?
Hmm bugged at Tome 3, and i deleted and installed the new client this morning at 12:30 so dont know what the problem might be.
05/14/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Pavi
I let the download go to completion when I downloaded the client. Don't try to pin this error on us.

Who do you want to pin it on? What's more likely?

Let me run this scenario in my head, I'll walk you along while I do:

Blizzard releases the client and thousands of people install it with no errors or complaints. About a hundred people complain about an error that could be linked to a user simply closing out the client before it auto-launched the installer.

Yeah this is Blizzard's fault.
05/14/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Karabella
i dont know why in the world blizzard lets this file to be downloaded a month ago for nothing because it does not work, have to download it again anyways omg... disapointment...

I've had the same installer for about 2 months, worked for me.
Yes, the 108 error is likely caused by partial or incomplete files due to the downloader being closed before it was completely finished.

You should be able to launch the downloader again, point to the directory holding the "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer" to verify game files and correct any missing data. Let the downloader sit there, even though it's at 100%, and it should eventually auto-launch the installer.

Alternatively you can download the client again (and make sure you don't close it prematurely this time), or wait for the new installer that includes streaming and doesn't require a full download.

Bash, is this more likely to happen when, wherever during download process, the download crashed and a new "Errors" folder appeared? Because I had this happen several times, although when I relaunched the downloader it resumed the download and completed succesfully.
05/14/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Spirit
I let the download go to completion when I downloaded the client. Don't try to pin this error on us.

Who do you want to pin it on? What's more likely?

Let me run this scenario in my head, I'll walk you along while I do:

Blizzard releases the client and thousands of people install it with no errors or complaints. About a hundred people complain about an error that could be linked to a user simply closing out the client before it auto-launched the installer.

Yeah this is Blizzard's fault.

Consdering for most people it just sat there at 100% at the end with nothing to click ,closing it out seemed like the right thing to do
I guess I'm doing the steaming install. Went to re-download the installer and it's skipping the step of downloading to the installer folder.

16% so far. We'll see how she blows.
Thank you Bashiok but please address the issue many of us are having with being stuck at 0% download because it says our operating system is outdated ... even though we have the absolutely most updated it can be (and newest version Windows).
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926593941?page=1
I can't download the "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer" from my account anymore.. I can't be missing much if anything. The MD5 checksum matches that of the other systems I downloaded the files from.

Any chance blizzard can put up a link so we can download the "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer" installer. I don't want to have to start downloading from scratch.
Total BS response from Bash, and pretty shoddy system in general.

I let the download complete, it sat at 100% for about 20 minutes, then it closed and gave the option to install (but fire was still raining from the sky).

Two weeks later its my fault that the POS downloader fails to work.

Real cool blizz.
Guys just go into the installer folder and delete the files that you are getting the error on...run the downloader again and it will only download the missing files...good luck!
Don't get all butthurt. Everyone else's is working fine. Soooo must be something YOU did.

Simply go into account. Re-install client. POW---rightinthekisser

Just a heads up, everyone else's is NOT infact working fine. There's a rather large group of people who actually have broken files. I never closed my downloader and my tome3 is corrupted. :s So unless leaving my computer idle to download it is something wrong, then whoops, guess I shouldn't have done that. This is infact blizzards fault for releasing a faulty downloader, never had problems with their downloaders until now.

Some of us do have data caps :P 7 gigs is a lot to take off.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
same...got to 1%
error 108 after redownloading the installer....
100 Orc Warlock
Re-downloading the client was plenty fast and easy, and took care of the problem.
so originally i closed the downloader when it was at 100% because nothing happened. I waited for a damn long time before I closed it. And now its starting at 4.4gbs
Well about 2 hours for a fresh download for me,Gonna go make lunch and watch some american dad
I can't even get the downloader to work.

Hell, I can't tell that I'm even accessing the downloader, as the client I d/l from Battle.net appears to be the same setup executable as the one downloaded. Hell, even if I purge all Diablo III files from my system, it still doesn't do anything. ~__~
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]