Diablo® III

ERROR: The file Installer Tome 2.MPQE could..

I kept trying to install and would get the error saying that there was a connection issue. A split second before the error message comes up though you will see 2 buttons to press they are asking to verify you preloaded the client if you press it your download will start. Wierd but it worked for me try it. My install completed.
Edited by Danger#1114 on 5/14/2012 8:57 AM PDT
100% woot now to wait till 2 am cst
For anyone paranoid this error may be because of corrupted download you can run a checksum. These were my values and I had no issue with install.

Diablo III Setup.exe = ddb8cb14b7dd6b00236320cb2fab06ba
external_resources.rcc = b42a30fe8528b9938cd42b302e5b8195
Installer Tome 1.MPQE = 4a4335acbe2b146352001397e0a0d66b
Installer Tome 2.MPQE = 3c28b7a2fe57a9bda0463dffd354ac5e
So glad I had no issues =/
I let the download go to completion when I downloaded the client. Don't try to pin this error on us.

Who do you want to pin it on? What's more likely?

Let me run this scenario in my head, I'll walk you along while I do:

Blizzard releases the client and thousands of people install it with no errors or complaints. About a hundred people complain about an error that could be linked to a user simply closing out the client before it auto-launched the installer.

Yeah this is Blizzard's fault.

Hmm how about not let the download say 100% when it ISN'T 100%? Or is that too logical for you to possibly comprehend?
Edited by pavi#1390 on 5/14/2012 8:58 AM PDT
if 8gigs takes you any longer than 1 hr maybe 2 tops you need faster internet.
Using the blizzard downloader is like gambling, it is not 100% work, especially the hash check by that downloader. If the downloader not responding, you close it in task manager, it will cause the hash check failed and redownload the whole things.

This just happen to me twice in this morning, first time off the downloader in tast manager rollback to 50% from 99% download, 2nd time, from 50% download rollback to 0% download. This downloader is so fail as a torrent downloader.
Blizzard Employee
I've run into the issue myself, and the downloader was unable to repair my broken tome3 file. I've deleted that file and the downloader is now grabbing that missing data. Fingers crossed.
05/14/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Shock2k12
I pointed the installation to the directory

Could someone please tell me how to do this? I tried to re-download and it never gave me the option to choose a destination.

I was originally having the "disc ejected" issue, but now it has me downloading 8GB again.
Edited by Ragriz#1168 on 5/14/2012 9:03 AM PDT
Blizzard Employee
05/14/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Shock2k12
Re-downloading the client was plenty fast and easy, and took care of the problem.

Fast? I only had Tome 3 broken and I pointed the installation to the directory of all the files and all sudden I have to download 8.13 gigs of data? Am I downloading the whole game again or is tome 3 that damn big?

Do not point to the installation directory. Point to the folder that holds the installation directory. Example:

Wrong: C:\Desktop\Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer
Right: C:\Dekstop\
I was having the same tome2 problem. I deleted everything but the installer downloader and re downloaded the installer/files. For some reason it only took 2-3 minutes to redownload/fix the 7.6 G ...I didn't even have time to walk into the other room and grab a smoke before it completed... compared to the hourish it took before. But the install went smoothly after. Hopefully its the same fix for you all

with p2p off...
Edited by Gix#1145 on 5/14/2012 9:06 AM PDT
Preload installer continued to fail and restarted at 8gb to go, so I am just using the Streaming installer link from the game client page in account management, so far so good.
well looks like the pre install DL was pointless.....
100 Tauren Druid
Wrong: C:\Desktop\Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer

05/14/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Bashiok

05/14/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Bashiok
C:\Dekstop\

Dekstop

Love ya Bashiok...but even you have to admit this is ironic :)
05/14/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Yutty
well looks like the pre install DL was pointless.....

Basically.
43 Dwarf Mage
When i checked the install folder, one of the file had a .part at the end of it and one file with 0 byte.

So basically, if you have a file named "Installer Tome 1.MPQE.part" or "Installer Tome 2.MPQE.part" or "Installer Tome 3.MPQE.part"
you closed the downloader too fast and you're screwed... Download again and this time, don't do like me : Be patient.. :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]