Diablo® III

unable to read the file "diablo III\" error

ERROR" The installer was unable to read the file "Diablo III\Diablo III.exe". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown> --for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the installer. (The rror code was 0.): DecompressJob::Execute()
Reply Quote
I have resolved this by deleting the pre-install and starting from scratch from the link at battle.net
Reply Quote
That's what I am attempting currently...
Reply Quote
so does it work? i am experiencing the same issue
Reply Quote
I have the same issue on my laptop .. - my download was interrupted the first time I did it maybe that effected it. Anyway I am going to do the same - Delete all files and redownload the 7.6 GB from scratch. I'll let you know what happens.
Edited by OBSIDIAN#1742 on 5/16/2012 3:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Scrap my above post... before doing a complete redownload I ran the downloader (latest version) from here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/New_Downloaders_for_English_and_German-12_05_2012#blog

I downloaded to the same directory ... and the downloader "checked files" to make sure everything was in order... This has worked out - so the missing files must have been added even though it said that I had downloaded the full 7.6 GB previously! Hope it works for you guys!
Edited by OBSIDIAN#1742 on 5/16/2012 3:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]