Diablo® III

Corrupted File Error Fixed -read first post.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I can almost taste the end. Initializing launcher...

The file "C:Program Files (x86)\DiabloIII\Updates\d3-0-9558-Win-final.MPQ" appears to be corrupt. You may need to download this file again.
[OK]

Come on!!!

Please don't make me download everything again.

How do I fix this. I bet I am not he only one.

EDIT
To make it clear I am already past the Updating files, I have the launcher up on step one in which it is supposed to complete the install, that means I am a hair width away from the game being ready for tomorrow. It is at this moment that I get the error. Everything worked up until this last possible step.

This was the anwer. Thank you Jerold.

I got that error too, but I fixed it pretty easy.

I went into the Program Files (x86)\DiabloIII\Updates folder, deleted the d3-0-9558-Win-final.MPQ file first of all. It's a patch file and not very big (since it screwed up in the middle of downloading), so don't freak about destroying it.

Then I made sure my firewall and virus scan was temporarily disabled before restarting the download, and I ran D3 as an Admin. After that, it downloaded smoothly and sucessfully.

EVERYONE THANK JEROLD WHEN THIS FIXES YOUR PROBLEM.
Edited by MikeFrost#1183 on 5/14/2012 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Corrupt is corrupt, friend.

Download again :(
Reply Quote
You don't need to download it again. You should read Bashiok's post and educate your little nubbin brain.
Reply Quote
TECH SUPPORT FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Just re-run the downloader. It has a built-in file checker.

(I think I've posted this like 15 times now. Getting tired of saying it over and over again...)
Reply Quote
Ok, this happened to me at around 76% and then client automatically closed on me. After trying out a few different things that was posted in Bashiok's post (as mentioned above), this is what worked for me. I opened up the task manager and ended the agent.exe process and ran the diablo III setup as an administrator. After that the client was stuck at "updating setup files..." for about 10 minutes. I assumed i was still having problems but then I checked again and everything was finished. It said the game was up to date and I was ready to play (which I am now).

So I don't know what happened when the download stopped 76% and I got that same error message (im almost thinking it was finished at that point anyways). So if you're stuck at "updating setup files..." then let it ride out for a little bit and it may just finish unexpectedly.
Reply Quote
Yeah right now i'm stuck at 77% during the install setup. No errors or crash just seems to be stuck. Been this way for the past 10 min.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
To make it clear I am already past the Updating files, I have the launcher up on step one in which it is supposed to complete the install, that means I am a hair width away from the game being ready for tomorrow. It is at this moment that I get the error. Everything worked up until this last possible step.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It would be nice to see a link to the Bashiok thread, or can I search for his posts somehow using his name?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I got that error too, but I fixed it pretty easy.

I went into the Program Files (x86)\DiabloIII\Updates folder, deleted the d3-0-9558-Win-final.MPQ file first of all. It's a patch file and not very big (since it screwed up in the middle of downloading), so don't freak about destroying it.

Then I made sure my firewall and virus scan was temporarily disabled before restarting the download, and I ran D3 as an Admin. After that, it downloaded smoothly and sucessfully.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
If launching the predownloader again to reinstall your missing files doesn't work, I'd advise doing a streaming installation directly from Battle.net now that it's available. It downloads the files and installs at the same time, so if you have to do both again, it might be more pertinent to you that way. You can find it on the game downloads page in the same place as the predownloader.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Mine just sits at updating setup files. for days. Idk what to do im so sad i had the same problem with the MoP beta =(((
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you Jerold. This worked. I thought about doing this, but I get worried about the possibility of deleting things that might be important, without realizing it.

MY LAUNCHER IS NOW OPTIMAL!!!! I COULD KISS YOU. BTW I am a girl.

Yay cinematic.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I'm positive that these problems are in your individual PC's. Some hints you should know before you install any software. Shutdown and Restart your junk box BEFORE you begin installing. This is so crucial to any pc problem and causes roughly 75% of all your mystery problems, yet it's the one thing people never do.

If you don't have a firewall turned on your computer is infected. No ands, ifs or buts.
If you don't have an anti-virus turned on your computer is infected. No ands, ifs or buts.

If your computer gives you any trouble starting, operating, connecting or have "unwanted desktop features" you should not be reporting game install issues. You should be getting your computer disinfected and running properly. Currupt install files are the least of your problems.

Also, disconnect those external hard drives when your installing. A sleeping external drive can cause you all kinds of wierd pc issues when it comes to disk writing. Plus think of how long it will last...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/14/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Dreaknite
Mine just sits at updating setup files. for days. Idk what to do im so sad i had the same problem with the MoP beta =(((

I had that problem too.

Control Panel
Administrative Tools (Note I could not find this under Control Panel, so I used the search programs and files bar in the Start options.)
Services
Scroll down to-Secondary Logon
Change Startup Type to Automatic
[Apply]

This will fix the problem. When you run the Diablo 3 file again, it will show you Updating files
The green bar will do the same thing it did before, wait 30 seconds to a minute and it will finish. I know it worried me when it seemed to do nothing but just wait!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I feel kind of stupid for not realizing the easy fix sooner. But thanks for the help!
Reply Quote

If you don't have a firewall turned on your computer is infected. No ands, ifs or buts. If you don't have an anti-virus turned on your computer is infected. No ands, ifs or buts.

Your a tool, no ifs ands or buts about it, thats a fact.

i had to lol at that too, like install windows log on to internet to update, *poof* im infected with un named virus HAHA
Reply Quote
Don't download it all again YET

Read This:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4927183839?page=13#253
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]