Diablo® III

Corrupted File Error Fixed -read first post.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
And now a bump for the people that need this thread.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Mine worked just fine. I preinstalled about a month ago, when into the file and clicked on "setup", came back an hour later and the automated install and update feature was just finishing up. Now it finished the update and I'm ready to go when the servers start up at midnight. So this install, as usual, was flawless, smooth and awsome. I really applaud Blizzard for such a smooth seemless and easy process.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/14/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Hötdög
Mine worked just fine. I preinstalled about a month ago, when into the file and clicked on "setup", came back an hour later and the automated install and update feature was just finishing up. Now it finished the update and I'm ready to go when the servers start up at midnight. So this install, as usual, was flawless, smooth and awsome. I really applaud Blizzard for such a smooth seemless and easy process.

Is that sarcasm?
Reply Quote
I'm with the same problem. I tried everything on this thread, and non of it worked.

So I did what other people are saying elsewhere and uninstalled and reinstalled. I now have an 8 gig download at 30 Kb/s, which by my math is a 74 hour download. I took 4 days off work to play... am I screwed? What can I do now?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
I did everything mentioned by the guy that had the fix, when there was about 28 mb left of install the same corrupt error came up.

same thing happened on WoW mop beta, and can't even get the dl past 10% 2 months after getting invite.
Edited by Grenzo on 5/14/2012 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
The diablo 3 setup created a shortcut, when it had the corrupt file error twice i deleted the shortcut, and now i can't find the file so i can delete the corrupted file again
Edited by Grenzo on 5/14/2012 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Krueger
Mine just sits at updating setup files. for days. Idk what to do im so sad i had the same problem with the MoP beta =(((

I had that problem too.

Control Panel
Administrative Tools (Note I could not find this under Control Panel, so I used the search programs and files bar in the Start options.)
Services
Scroll down to-Secondary Logon
Change Startup Type to Automatic
[Apply]

This will fix the problem. When you run the Diablo 3 file again, it will show you Updating files
The green bar will do the same thing it did before, wait 30 seconds to a minute and it will finish. I know it worried me when it seemed to do nothing but just wait!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! THANKS ALOT FIXED ALL MY PROBLEMS :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
THANK YOU JEROLD!!! That totally fixed the error message xoxoxoxoxoxox
Reply Quote
Hi guys, I was getting the same error message at 25%. I tried deleting the file in the diabloIII/update folder and restarted and it kept happening repeatedly.

So I looked around in the folders and noticed that the 9558.MPQ file is located in several places. If you go into C:\diabloIII\DATA_D3\PC\MPQs and delete *every one* of the 9558.mpq update files as well as the one in C:\DiabloIII\Update and restart it *will* work.

This game better be awesome as it has been a pain in the poop to get running.

Good luck!
Edited by Surferosa#1811 on 5/14/2012 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I tried that and it still doesn't work :(
Reply Quote
Why are people so upset when they have issues and have to spend a couple hours re-downloading the installer? Theres like 8 more hours between now and when you can play the game. You cant do anything with the game once its installed unless you are terribly hurt that you cant stare at the login screen
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Tried everything every post suggested with no luck. I finally fixed the error by copying the file d3-0-9558-Win-final.mpq directly from Blizz site. Then I once again deleted every D3 file, ran the dl from Blizz site and came up with the same error. Copied the file I dl'd over the existing one in the Update folder then right clicked the launcher and ran as admin. Problem solved. GL
Edited by Jaejae#1531 on 5/14/2012 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
Reply Quote
Jerold legend!
Reply Quote
Idk what I'm doing wrong here; I've deleted the 9558 corrupted files (all of them), turn off my virus scanner and firewall, and run the setup as the administrator. And it's still not working.
EDIT: Figured it out.
Edited by york646#1426 on 5/15/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nothing on any thread or forum has worked for me at all. Lol. I have better things to do. -.-' I'll come back to this 65$ headache this weekend.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]