Diablo® III

D3 Expansion - New classes?

With the current class setup and their individual comparison to past D3 classes, what options does the future expansion hold for 1 - 2 possible new class types?
Reply Quote
Dude can you please let me the time to actually play the damn game before thinking of the expansion :) thx
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
While I'm all for new classes in the expansion; lets wait until the initial game is released before opening up this discussion :)
Reply Quote
Kinda like Baldur's Gate 2. The villain in 1 becomes your ally in 2.

Diablo will be the next class.
Reply Quote
Death Knight.

Only because I want to see the forum erupt with pure, unadulterated, raw and unfiltered rage. Heh heh.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Gundams.
Reply Quote
69 Orc Warrior
Shapeshifter
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Some sort of shapeshifter maybe? Sort of like a druid

Perhaps another Amazon type character, something that focus's on polearms and spears

Some type of summoner maybe. (I hope)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Please explain what you mean by "past D3 classes" and why you are worried about expansions for a game that is coming out tomorrow.

Enjoy the game as it is. Worry about the expansion in a year, when it matters.
Reply Quote
I was thinking shape shifter as well, seems most possible. A death knight would be interesting but I doubt they want to relate anything to WoW. Witch Doctor is already a summoner type. Demon Hunter is already an Amazon more or less, even has guided arrow! Would be nice to see the Paladin class come back but meh.
Reply Quote
Please explain what you mean by "past D3 classes" and why you are worried about expansions for a game that is coming out tomorrow.

Enjoy the game as it is. Worry about the expansion in a year, when it matters.

Please relax :) just passing by some time and curious what others think about possible classes. I plan to enjoy the game to the fullest and not worry about what the expansion holds, just a thread for fun.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I could see them revamping the Necromancer. I would greatly enjoy a D3 version of the Necromancer. They could also introduce maybe some kind of super Priest/Paladin that slowly transforms into an angel by the end of the game. I always thought it would be cool to play an offense holy caster in a game. Holy Lightning. Holy Nova. Annihilate Evil. Empower Weapon. Pillar of Fire.
Reply Quote
100% Shapeshifter. Nothing else matters.

On a more recent state of mind... I CANT FREAKIN WAIT TO PLAY D3 TONIGHT IM GOING CRAZY AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

ahh that felt good =)
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Egeria
I could see them revamping the Necromancer. I would greatly enjoy a D3 version of the Necromancer. They could also introduce maybe some kind of super Priest/Paladin that slowly transforms into an angel by the end of the game. I always thought it would be cool to play an offense holy caster in a game. Holy Lightning. Holy Nova. Annihilate Evil. Empower Weapon. Pillar of Fire.

I would love this too much. :D
Reply Quote
I think they would add another Str class, but one that isnt completely brute force like the Barb. Then maybe a class that balances Dex and Int, possibly a revamp of the Bard from the D1 Hellfire expansion - they already used the monk. This would give them the most balanced selection imo.
Edited by muttley#1580 on 5/14/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100% Shapeshifter. Nothing else matters.

On a more recent state of mind... I CANT FREAKIN WAIT TO PLAY D3 TONIGHT IM GOING CRAZY AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

ahh that felt good =)

Right there with ya, been watching live streaming for the last 4 hours.
Reply Quote
paladin maybe
Reply Quote
I agree with the above about it most likely being a shapeshifter or shield wielding class.
Given the classes from diablo 2:

Amazon is similar to Demon Hunter.
Barbarian = Barbarian.
Witch Doctor is similar to Necromancer.
Wizard is similar to Sorceress.
Monk is similar to Assassin.

Looks like missing a druid and a paladin.
Both would be able to fill the roll of a class that can withstand heavy damage (Werebear form or wielding a shield) while still having the ability to specialize in damage abilities.

To keep things fresh I'd assume that Blizzard would want to not recycle classes (if able to), but my imagination left when I learned what a video game was and my attention span is.....
Reply Quote
I personally hope they bring back paladins in some form or another.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]