Diablo® III

Updating Tools

87 Orc Death Knight
So guys I have installed the D3 game and updated it to the latest version so I hit play... got stuck at Launching... for a little while. So I started the program up again and now I'm stuck at Updating Tools 0% what is this? I took all day tomorrow off to play so all help would be appreciated!
Reply Quote
Same problem!
Reply Quote
87 Orc Death Knight
05/14/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Jim
Same problem!

Hey Jim my dad found a solution!

1.) Go to command Prompt
2.) Right click and hit Run as Admin
3.) Type this in "Netsh winsock Reset"
4.) Restart PC
5.) Run D3 as admin then you should be good to go!

I found out that my Killer 2100 Network card is causing the problems this should fix it and hopefully it will help you! See you in game!
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Darkbeyond
Same problem!

1.) Go to command Prompt
4.) Restart PC

I found out that my Killer 2100 Network card is causing the problems this should fix it and hopefully it will help you! See you in game!

Thanks for the reply - now I've moved on to the "Initializing..." problem!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Same problem!

1.) Go to command Prompt
4.) Restart PC

This actually worked for me. Now the game actually launchs.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Same problem!

1.) Go to command Prompt
4.) Restart PC

Oh my god, tell me your real name so i can tattoo it on my chest, you just saved my day.... tyvm :D
Reply Quote
ok this didnt work for me any other idea???i get like 75% of the way through updating setup files and it stalls........with out it i cant get no further ...really need help here...i have deleted what was installed and even re-d/led the client and still gets stuck at 75%.......
Edited by zeron#1307 on 5/14/2012 10:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Same problem!

1.) Go to command Prompt
4.) Restart PC

Worked like a charm.
Edited by Kayin#1867 on 5/14/2012 11:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Did what you say and still nothing. Stuck at 0% and wont move. Anyway thanks Darkbeyond

EDIT: try deleting Diablo III Beta folder. It worked for me.
Edited by Shaggy#2788 on 5/15/2012 3:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
wow its work like miracle.
Thanks Darkbeyond
Reply Quote
I have this problem,

When using Launcher.exe the game will patch. Will not progress beyond this.
Using DiabloIII.exe I get stuck on Updating tools.
I noticed when I ran Launcher.exe Agent.exe Started to run, and when i killed Launcher Agent continued to run.

So with "DiabloIII.exe running" I killed the First Agent.Exe and It completed its update after ~1minute. And the game Launched.

Hope this helps some one else.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Well this sort of thing has come be expected from blizzard... Went through all of the rouble of downloading the client at work ( to utilize the 75mbps speed), the game loaded and was playable at the office... but I get home and now im stuck at the friggin loading tools bs... I really have grown to hate blizzard...
Reply Quote
Any other suggestions??? I have been working on this in excess of 6 hrs. Tried the above along with
Imm0rtality

Here you go: Only use Fix#2 as a last resort as you should not be running this game in compatibility mode.

Fix #1

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down and find “Secondary Logon”

Right Click > Properties

Change it from ‘Disabled’ to ‘Automatic’

Run your Diablo 3 setup as administrator and it should quickly go through Updating Setup Files and bring you to an install screen. Congratulations, your game now (hopefully) works! If this solved your issue, spread it around.

Fix #2

Right click on the Diablo 3 setup file you downloaded via the Blizzard Downloader

Select Properties > Compatibility > Check Run this in Compatibility Mode for… > Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3) (Note: Does not work on Vista.)

Right Click the Icon, Run as Administrator.

Fix #3

Delete your C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder.

Delete your C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net Cache folder.

Run the Downloader again, as administrator, and see if it gets past the “Updating Setup Files” window. If not, see Fix #1.
I have a sixty dollar game and can't play it or return it.
Reply Quote
Same problem!

1.) Go to command Prompt
4.) Restart PC

Dude give your dad a high five from me! Saved the day, got past Updating tools. and now looks like we're ready to play here!
Reply Quote
now all we need is a sticky for the 3 different solutions to this problem :\
Reply Quote
I've tried all these "Fixes", and I still have the same problem. "Failed to Update Tools"

Can Blizzard actually fix the issue please?!

Thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
His dads fix worked for me
Reply Quote
For anyone who none of these fixes worked for, the link I will provide contained a simple solution for me (hopefully for you, too). You need to manually update the battle.net update agent, and also possibly the blizzard launcher. I simply downloaded the battle.net update agent, ran the .exe, and that fixed my updating tools issue. Here is the link:

http://patchup.info/Blizz/tools/Win/
Reply Quote
darkbeyond ur dad is great he save my day!! TYVM!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]