Diablo® III

Unexpected error

Tried to start Installing the game can accept the terms of service then on the next screen i receive the pop-up "an unexpected error has occurred"
should i re download?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
I have the same thing happening to me.
Reply Quote
81 Tauren Death Knight
Exact same thing here .. did the download weeks ago and now i just except the ULA and then unexpected error.
Reply Quote
Try re-downloading to the same directory , it should verify your current installer - I did this (as recommended in another thread) and it worked for me, downloaded a few MB and installed fine after that.
Reply Quote
Oh tuoweit if only you'd posted sooner. in my frustration i deleted the previously downloaded files. going to try downloading again. should only take 3 hours
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
redownload the game client from your account management page (it should takes a few secs), then initiate installing
it worked for me

it seems that old client from months ago does not work.
Reply Quote
Re-downloading to the same directory helped me too, for some reason it wanted to download another 20 MB or so, installed sweet as after that, thanks guys!
Reply Quote
I tried this, didn't work. Then redownloaded the downloader and downloaded to the same directory and it worked.

You need an updated downloader first, then download to the same directory. Will add 20mb or so and then you can install
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]