Diablo® III

Opinions on my Build Please!

90 Orc Death Knight
Hey all , i'm attemping to make a high DPS 2H WW build with some single target DPS. I also wanted to have a decent amount of survivability. Please help me attempt to make this build better, as I need constructive criticism. Obviously my dump is Whirlwind. I was also wondering:

Is my general DPS too low?
What rune should I use for whirlwind?
How viable is this build?
What passives should I use?
Does this build have a decent amount of survivability?

Thank You! All criticism is welcome!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WhXYgi!Ygd!ccYZba

Edit: This Build is for Solo play.
Edited by Finaer#1590 on 5/12/2012 3:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Thanks for the insight, this is the updated build that i've come up with so far.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WhXYVi!YgZ!ccYZaa

Better, worse? :D

Also, what would you prefer, Charge w/ dreadnought, or Revenge w/ anything. For Life regen that is.

Thanks!
Edited by Finaer#1590 on 5/12/2012 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Generally you cant have frenzy and WW in the same build, since they are meant for two different weapon types. Frenzy for dual wield and WW for 2h beasty. For 2h swap out frenzy for War Cry or ignore pain.
Reply Quote
05/12/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Azaroth
Generally you cant have frenzy and WW in the same build, since they are meant for two different weapon types. Frenzy for dual wield and WW for 2h beasty. For 2h swap out frenzy for War Cry or ignore pain.

says you
Reply Quote
05/12/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Azaroth

Frenzy benefits more from dual-wielding only in that it is quicker to build up it's charges. After those are built up you get the same benefit to a 2 hander than you do when dual-wielding. For tough single targets and bosses you won't see much of a difference because you'll be wailing on em for a while.

If you smack somebody with a frenzy between WWs you should be able to keep your charges up which you'll want to do anyway to take advantage of maniac, assuming maniac helps other skills.

I would drop ruthless and brawler for two defensive passives from nerves of steel, tough as nails, superstition, or relentless. WW has the problem of locking you into an attack sequence so you can't escape as soon as you might need to so you'll need some extra mitigation.

I agree with calamity that you should change the rune on leap to iron impact/death from above or switch to charge with stamina/dreadnought

I think you made the right choice with volcanic eruption on WW and the only other one I would really consider is hurricane for the extra mobility.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Thank you all, I took every post into consideration and came up with this build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahXYSi!Ybd!bcaZca

Please tell me what you think now!

I sort of want to know what defensive ability I can get rid of so I can use the spot for another offensive ability. Please help me! :D
Edited by Finaer#1590 on 5/13/2012 7:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]