Diablo® III

Traditional Chinese in US Server

My wife and I both live in Texas and we both pre-ordered the Collector's Edition at Gamestop in Houston.

Her (traditional) chinese is a lot better than her english but she would obviously be playing on the US server with me. I read on Blizzard's website that it is possible to play traditional chinese client on the US Server but it doesnt go into detail on how to do so.

Does anyone know how and where I can download/install the traditional Chinese client?
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
You will be able to change the language in the game options. After doing so you'll be asked to restart the game and if it's the first time you selected that language the launcher will download the localized files and that's it.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/12/2012 11:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
holy jeez that is easy.. thanks!
Reply Quote
the typical language selection is only english/spanish.. i hope traditional chinese is there too. If not i hope there will be some sort of langauge pack that i can download for her
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
Right now they're planning to allow you to pick any of these after installing the enUS client. The list could be changed at any time though. (They're able to add/remove languages at any time they want)
"display_locales":[
"enUS",
"esMX",
"ptBR",
"koKR",
"zhTW",
"deDE",
"esES",
"frFR",
"itIT",
"plPL",
"ruRU"
],
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/12/2012 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
thanks Barthus.. that is very comforting to know that zhTW is on the list.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]