Diablo® III

Street date breaks.

anyone know of any stores who have broken street date? (this is more for wanting to get a hold of CE early)
Reply Quote
If you haven't pre-ordered a CE then I don't like your chances of grabbing one off the shelf.

Most of the people who're getting their CE early are the ones who pre-ordered and have had the couriers drop it off earlier than expected.

Your best bet is to ask your local to see if they have any CE's that have pre-order cancels.
Reply Quote
I do have a local pre-order of the CE but I was just curious overall when one breaks first and then to see if others follow suit
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Even if a store breaks street date other stores have to get the ok from Blizzard before they break it too and I honestly can't see blizzard allowing it.
Edited by Narull#6634 on 5/13/2012 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Once a street date is broken, they can sell it (as its a competition issue)

However, i dont see this game doing that simply because there is no benifit from selling it early. They can sell it legitimatly at start of business on the 15th and people still have to wait till night to actually play.

So i cant see it being broken.
Reply Quote
Skyrim broke release date in Australia, but somehow I don't see Diablo 3 doing the same unfortunately. Will ultimately find out tomorrow afternoon just like in November when I sawing people carrying a huge box with Alduin inside :)
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Once a street date is broken, they can sell it (as its a competition issue)

However, i dont see this game doing that simply because there is no benifit from selling it early. They can sell it legitimatly at start of business on the 15th and people still have to wait till night to actually play.

So i cant see it being broken.

Stores like EB/GAME etc have to get auth from their HO to sell if someone else breaks street date and HO is meant to get auth from Blizz, they can't just say 'yeah its broken lets sell'.

Thats why their is always a delay in another store selling something thats been broken.

But really I can't see D3 being broken, maybe a copy here or their from like k-mart tomorrow but the big stores won't break.
Reply Quote
I hope they don't break. There have been too many breaks of big titles already.
Reply Quote
There's no POINT in them breaking, or for buying from a breaker, from a gaming perspective. Still can't play till afternoon Tuesday.
Reply Quote
We'll find out in a few hours whether there will be a break or not, and I am waiting for EB's call too whether it is today or tomorrow :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]