Diablo® III

Conflagration, debuff for you or for us?

85 Blood Elf Hunter
Conflagration, a debuff given to a target to increase its damage taken from all sources by 10% for 3 seconds after having a Conflag Wizard deal fire damage to them. Now the question here is 10% is that for the Conflag Wizard's all sources of damage or are we actually talking ALL SOURCES here?

Depending on how it works conflagration may be a nice team addition if it's really all sources.
Reply Quote
Yes, all sources is the speculation. Team buff, that's why it was nerfed down to 10 and Cold blooded is still at 20. Ones team, ones self
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
05/13/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Vaaz
Yes, all sources is the speculation. Team buff, that's why it was nerfed down to 10 and Cold blooded is still at 20. Ones team, ones self

Well cold blooded is also limited to Cold Damage only but then again Taking the passive you benefit from other people's chills. so Cold Blood team can rotate Frost Nova or w/e not.
Reply Quote
Initially I think most wizards will choose conflag + Time Warp for Coop. It's a pretty obvious combo.
Reply Quote
05/13/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Sinuous
Initially I think most wizards will choose conflag + Time Warp for Coop. It's a pretty obvious combo.
The downside with Conflagration is the limited number of spells you can use to apply the debuff. Meteor is too expensive to keep the debuff up (60 AP for 3 seconds of debuff) and using Hydra is rather clumsy. It's possible to keep the debuff up decently with Star Pact Meteor, but then you're forced to spend all your AP on that just for the debuff - not really worth it just to get 10% more damage for three other people.

Overall, +10% damage for three others isn't that much. Not if it costs you a significant amount of DPS to keep the debuff up.
Reply Quote
Hydra is aoe (Mammoth), place and forget cheap. Rather easy to apply it to any packs you want
Reply Quote
05/13/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Sanzul
The downside with Conflagration is the limited number of spells you can use to apply the debuff. Meteor is too expensive to keep the debuff up (60 AP for 3 seconds of debuff) and using Hydra is rather clumsy. It's possible to keep the debuff up decently with Star Pact Meteor, but then you're forced to spend all your AP on that just for the debuff - not really worth it just to get 10% more damage for three other people.

Overall, +10% damage for three others isn't that much. Not if it costs you a significant amount of DPS to keep the debuff up.

Not if you have gear that applies fire damage to your attacks. Then everything you do adds the debuff. Also, you can make a build pretty easily with meteor or fire hydra.
Reply Quote
Not if you have gear that applies fire damage to your attacks. Then everything you do adds the debuff. Also, you can make a build pretty easily with meteor or fire hydra.

Incorrect, the only spell (that the wizard has) that changes elements is Spectral Blade. Everything else does the element they are set to do.

Explosive Blast
Gather an infusion of energy around you that explodes after 1.5 seconds, causing 225% weapon damage as Physical to all enemies within 12 yards.

This spell specifically states as Physical, it will only do Physical. The bonus elemental damage on a weapon just increases the base weapon damage, and therefore increase the spell damage.

Spectral Blade
This is a Signature spell. Signature spells are free to cast.
Summon a spectral blade that strikes all enemies in your path for 135% weapon damage.

This doesn't specify an element, therefore it inherents the element on the weapon.
Edited by Vaaz#1144 on 5/13/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/13/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Sanzul

if meteor is your main ap dump and you have enough ap to throw around a couple meteors every 3 seconds, it's a bit more worth it:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UYgQRk!Yce!YZYZcZ

that's going to be my main build.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
Something to consider, Meteor does fire damage when it lands and also has a fire damage over time effect. The fire dot should refresh the conflagration debuff. However, I agree it doesn't seem like it would be the best way to keep conflag up, though the dot will keep the next meteor buffed.

It seems much better to use hydra, but each build will have it's own way of doing things. I for one plan to use mammoth hydra for large packs or unruned hydra for bosses when playing in a group.
Reply Quote
Vaaz is correct, spectral blade is the only spam-able spell that applies the conflag debuff provided you have some fire enchant on weapon.

the other thing I don't much like about Conflag even if it is all sources, is that essentially your build has to build around one passive. And it's not very fun because you are mostly just going to go around tossing conflags for the other 3 members. And it lasts 3 seconds. And it's not very fun.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Vaaz is correct, spectral blade is the only spam-able spell that applies the conflag debuff provided you have some fire enchant on weapon.

the other thing I don't much like about Conflag even if it is all sources, is that essentially your build has to build around one passive. And it's not very fun because you are mostly just going to go around tossing conflags for the other 3 members. And it lasts 3 seconds. And it's not very fun.

Well there's Fire Bolt, but let's face it it's not a good one.
Reply Quote
There is also some talk that a Sparkflint runed Familiar will also do fire damage. If this is true, then I plan on using it to keep conflag up for my party while giving me a 12% buff to my damage on top of the 10% for the entire party on whatever mob it is attacking.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UYgZjk!YWe!acZbaY
Edited by Lancelot#1281 on 5/13/2012 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It does, someone posted a video of all the Familiar models for each rune, and its a floating fire ball.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
doesn't it dictate weapon damage in the tooltip as Arcane, I doubt just graphics will change the damage type, without them telling us it's another damage type, of course this is only speculation
Reply Quote
Many of the runes for other skills give you the ability to change the damage type to suite your needs. I would expect this is no different.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
05/13/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Lancelot
Many of the runes for other skills give you the ability to change the damage type to suite your needs. I would expect this is no different.

Yes, but many of the runes for other skills tell you when you change your damage type to suite your needs. If They don't tell me I don't really know.
Edited by Blasterion#1693 on 5/13/2012 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sure but blizzard's track run with vague tool tips is off the charts with this game.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
05/13/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Vaaz
Sure but blizzard's track run with vague tool tips is off the charts with this game.

before vague there is incorrect tooltips
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
Whether or not sparkflint is a floating fireball, there is no assurance that we have that it actually does fire damage nor is there any assurance that IF it does fire damage it will keep conflag up. It will be a few days I think before we know for sure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]