Diablo® III

Conflagration, debuff for you or for us?

Even if the familiar is fire damage, it only spews it out like one every other attack, it is unreliable at best to keep the conflag debuff. The best way is still fire enchant + spectral blade or hydras / cheap meteors
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UkgRYj!eYX!aZZcca

This is probably going to be me, for initial party play (read: Normal, maybe NM). Even if Sparkflint doesn't apply it, Mammoth + StarPact with a bit of +AP on crit and Astral Presence is going to hold up Conflag just fine. Time Warp and Bone Chill FN just round out aoe damage bonuses for the team.

I've been considering changing to a paralysis build for higher difficulties, just because a large number of stuns to reduce incoming party damage will probably be more beneficial. Wait and see.
Reply Quote
05/13/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Eyescream
Something to consider, Meteor does fire damage when it lands and also has a fire damage over time effect. The fire dot should refresh the conflagration debuff. However, I agree it doesn't seem like it would be the best way to keep conflag up, though the dot will keep the next meteor buffed.
True. The control you have over it is a bit limited, though. I guess we'll just have to try it out later tonight.

05/13/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Vaaz
It does, someone posted a video of all the Familiar models for each rune, and its a floating fire ball.
Yes, but does it actually attack or does it just sit there providing +12% damage? No way to really know. Either way, that would be single target only, so it only gets the debuff up on one target.
Reply Quote
so the conflagration passive will works to entire party ? i use spectral blade and i have 6% of fire damage, so the conflagration will work well, but i need know if that benefit is shared with my party, cuz the cold blooded is not shared with the group.
Reply Quote
I agree with Dreyfuss, a lot of us use chantado's will that has fire damage 2 Tal Rasha's add % fire damage, my main SpecBlade which you can add even more damage with deep cuts and then 1 molten impace meteor on a frozen target can add up well.

I'm between conflag and blur depends on the paragon level and miltiplayer or solo.
Reply Quote
05/13/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Vaaz
Hydra is aoe (Mammoth), place and forget cheap. Rather easy to apply it to any packs you want

True but I've tried Mammoth.. this hydra is rather weak damage-wise.
Reply Quote

I've been considering changing to a paralysis build for higher difficulties, just because a large number of stuns to reduce incoming party damage will probably be more beneficial. Wait and see.

Oh boy, I've tried Paralysis before. The chance of happening is extremely low. I've tried to use a Lightning damage Spectral Blade + Lightning Hydra and the chance of happening is still very low. I didn't test it with Storm as Storm Armor at that time was mostly reflective.
Reply Quote
What's with people resurrecting so many ancient threads lately?
Reply Quote
star hits with arcane damage, does this still cause 10%
Reply Quote
I like mammoth + conflag for group play, cheap and spreads the love around fast. :)
Reply Quote
wow this is ancient necromancy of the highest order.. a pre game launch necro thread
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]