Diablo® III

Do I only need to replace my video card?

CPU Type:
Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
CPU Speed:
3.01 GHz
System Memory:
1.99 GB
Video Card Model:
Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Video Card Driver:
ialmrnt5.dll
Desktop Resolution:
1024x768
Hard Disk Size:
233.75 GB
Hard Disk Free Space:
222.93 GB (95%)
Download Speed:
781.97 kB/s (6.4 mbps)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I don't see your card on either the supported or unsupported lists, likely putting it somewhere in the middle grey area of "it should work, but might not".

Is this a laptop or a desktop? Pretty low amount of memory if it's the latter.

Edit: Kraze below beat me to it, but any Intel card besides the HD graphics are unsupported. You're going to want a new card and possibly more memory.
Edited by Catharlex#1544 on 5/13/2012 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Any intel graphics card minus the Intel(R) HD series is unsupported. If you are using a laptop you are more than likely not going to get this game to work at all. You may be able to get it to load if lucky, but won't run well at all. If you are using a desktop I would recommend getting a new graphics card yes, and possibly upgrade the ram as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
05/13/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Kraze
Any intel graphics card minus the Intel(R) HD series is unsupported. If you are using a laptop you are more than likely not going to get this game to work at all. You may be able to get it to load if lucky, but won't run well at all. If you are using a desktop I would recommend getting a new graphics card yes, and possibly upgrade the ram as well.

Yep, was about to go back to my post and edit that in but you beat me to it.

I would definitely look into one of the supported cards (even one of the lower end ones) and upgrading your memory even if it's just a couple gigs worth.
Reply Quote
I am running on a desktop. Since my card is unsupported will the game not work at all? will I have to replace video card before I can download and at least see the game?
Reply Quote
Two problems. Pentium 4 is an old processor. The minimum requirement is Pentium D or Athlon X2 - ie dual core processors. Your pentium 4 is probably one core (plus one fake core with Hyperthreading). Below the minimum requirement if you ask me.

Your video card is an integrated display adapter from a long time ago. Definitely below the minimum requirement.

It will be very not worth it trying to upgrade your CPU, since your motherboard most likely not fit anything better. Should just get a whole new system together.
Reply Quote
I am running on a desktop. Since my card is unsupported will the game not work at all? will I have to replace video card before I can download and at least see the game?

You will not be able to play the game. Since your video card is unsupported, when you load the game, you'll get a black screen.

There are work arounds to get rid of the black screen, but if you do it, the game will still be unplayable, due to very very low fps, such as, around 1 fps.
Reply Quote
05/13/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Arctia
It will be very not worth it trying to upgrade your CPU, since your motherboard most likely not fit anything better. Should just get a whole new system together.

I would have to agree with this. Once you start by upgrading your video card on this system, you'll likely need to upgrade everything else to fit and use the new video card.
Reply Quote
You're going to have to get a completely new computer I'm afraid. Your computer isn't even going to have a PCI-E x16 slot for a new video card.
Edited by Tamer#1168 on 5/13/2012 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]