Diablo® III

Weapon of Choice

I was looking at the blacksmith's recipes and I wanted to know from the everyone else what weapon are you guys going to specialize in and why? I know this is a broad question and totally preference. I saw mighty weapons, what is that?

Is it better to get higher top end damage?

Thanks.
Edited by Spores#1485 on 5/13/2012 7:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm probably gunna duel wield swords the majority of the time. Or a sword and shield in tougher stages of the game :) if I happen to get the rare drop Skorn though, I will definitely use that :D
Reply Quote
I'm going for polearms. They looked cool in D2 but were pretty much inferior to large swords in every way. Also, I have a theme going for my barb that requires a polearm.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Immortal Kings set
Reply Quote
05/13/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Calamity
I'm going for polearms. They looked cool in D2 but were pretty much inferior to large swords in every way. Also, I have a theme going for my barb that requires a polearm.

I also hear they have longer range (unconfirmed).

They also had longer range in D2. The range thing was a bit buggy for certain attack animations (giving a polearm dagger-range in some attacks) in beta, but I hope they fix it.
Reply Quote
I'm going to carry in my pack at all times:

1 - Two Hander (Hopefully Mighty)
2 - One Handers (Hopefully Mighty)
1 - Shield
Reply Quote

1 - Shield

Why mighty? what does that do?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Duel wielding Scythes :3. Should be fun to see my Barbarian whirlwind with them.
Reply Quote
Dual wielding swords to level up. Once I'm at level 60 I will probably switch to Mighty Weapons if I ever get Bul-Kathos' Children. I would go 2H Mace if I got the IK set too.
Reply Quote

1 - Shield

Why mighty? what does that do?

It's the Barbarian specific weapon which is presumably the only weapon type to grant Barbarian only bonuses.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Honestly which ever does more damage, I'm not going to use a weapon 10 levels lower because it is the "type" I want.

That said preference is for a massive 2 hand sword all else being equal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]