Diablo® III

EB Games and the 15th

I spoke to my local EB Games worker and he was surprisingly knowledgable about D3. He said:
The store opens up at 8am (Can pick up as soon as they open)
Can install at 1PM
Can play at 5pm.

All correct information. But 8am is one hour before the 9am Blizz stated. This is important for the CE people as you don't want to miss out or anything getting your CE. So there's still time to contact your local EB Games to see if your local is opening at 8am or 9am.
Edited by the8thark#1241 on 5/13/2012 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I believe its 1am AEST this evening we can install
Reply Quote
Hmm you might be right. Who knows. I just wanted to point out the 8am/9am thing.
Reply Quote
I spoke to my shop on Saturday and he said he couldn't sell it to me til 9 even though they opened at 8. Might just be select stores that are selling earlier, not like anyone would know. Can install it at 12.30am Brisbane time tonight as well.
Edited by Catixie#6425 on 5/13/2012 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
12:30am Brisbane time on Tuesday 15th you can install, the 8am thing seems to be depending on the store, some stores which don't have many orders still open at 9am, others are opening early to appease the masses.

1 day, 2 hours 44min...
Reply Quote
eb stores are notorious for breaking the rules. at least in tassie!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I spoke to my local EB Games worker and he was surprisingly knowledgable about D3.

That was the best part. Has anyone else noticed how useless most game store staff are with just about anything in store? A friend of mine asked the manager of GAME if he could preorder cataclysm and the manager had no idea what cata was. The manager! The poster for the game was even hanging in the front window.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
I got a sms from them saying the same thing. Shop opens at 8am but I cant buy it until 9am. Personally I will just sleep in and get there when I ever I get there. I preordered the CE so I expect it to be there no matter what time I arrive.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 01:34 AMPosted by Kalypso
I got a sms from them saying the same thing. Shop opens at 8am but I cant buy it until 9am. Personally I will just sleep in and get there when I ever I get there. I preordered the CE so I expect it to be there no matter what time I arrive.

just a heads up EB sold my CE edition of sc2 on the day of the release and said I didn't turn up early enough (I live in a rural area out buggery) then said there might be still one left over the other side of town, well they lied. I got refund and standard edition and a game store has never got anymore money out of me.
Reply Quote
It's much safer to go and get it ASAP.
They do sometimes pull a dodgy and sell it for higher price to a begging customer.
Better safe than sorry tbh.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
05/14/2012 01:44 AMPosted by CMpunk
ve in a rural area out buggery) then said there might be still one left over the other side of town, well they lied. I got refund and standard edition and a game store has never got anymore money out of me.

Thanks for the heads up, that sucks if they do that to me they will never get my money ever again
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Is there no honor left in this world?

yeah stupid question.
Reply Quote
You should probably avoid buying it at EB though, unless you're getting the collector's edition through them. Big W have it $30 cheaper than EB (though you might have to bug the staff since they're lazy about getting stuff to the shelves immediately), even Harvey Norman, Dick Smith and JB Hifi have it $20 cheaper than EB games.
Reply Quote
Who's doing the count down at eb games at 8am tomorrow?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 05:29 AMPosted by xLostsoulsx
Who's doing the count down at eb games at 8am tomorrow?

I will be at my local store. No idea if there will be any other stuff going on or just a boring count down.
Reply Quote
Which local store?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]