Diablo® III

What gave you your first nightmare?

Can't remember, lots of horror movies
Reply Quote
My first nightmare was a recurring one about a giant minotaur made out of clouds rampaging through a Ross department store and swallowing my mom whole.

Recurred from around the age of three until I was about seven.

Every Ross department store looks like a giant minotaur went rampaging through it.
Reply Quote
Alien, my mom made me watch it when I was 6
Reply Quote
Now that I think about it, it would have to be watching the T-1000 melt at the end of Terminator 2. Seeing how I was born in 1988, and the movie came out in 1991... yeah. I shouldn't have been watching it in the first place. XD
Reply Quote
Freakin Michael Myers in the first Halloween. Sitting up and looking at JLC while he was set in the background. Yeah, I saw that one a bit earlier than I probably should have.
Reply Quote
jeepers creepers...never trust a scare crow
Reply Quote
Cant' remember having experienced one although what scared the hell out of me was The Grudge (2004) yeah I was in mid-thirties back then but being 42 now I look back and still say that scared the crap out of me.

(edited to fit own-self)
Reply Quote
I had my first nightmare without any help. Totally freaked me out.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh boy... Mine's actually quite funny. I grew up watching the Alien trilogy because my uncle (who was my caretaker at the time) thought it was appropriate for a 4 year old. So I wasn't really scared by movies.

I had my first nightmare after going to Universal Studios and meeting the Ninja Turtles in person.

For some odd reason I have yet to grasp those things just traumatized me.
Reply Quote
i think it was thriller by MJ....i watched the music video when i was like 4 or 5? couldnt sleep for days...
Reply Quote
the exorcist... :( followed by The Ring (original japanese version) damn! watched that in the movie house, I could not go home for three weeks straight without nagging my classmate to walk home with me..
Reply Quote
i dont know specifically what gave me my first nightmares- i feel like it was things i saw and felt in the real world- and my first two nightmares recurred for several years. never forgot them. still think about them even though i havent had them in years.
Reply Quote
nightmare on elm street where freddy kills people in their dreams, jeez it keeps giving me the creeps sometimes.
Reply Quote
Lol... I saw "Amityville Horror" (the Original from the late 70's) when I was way too young for it. I spent most of my early childhood afraid to look out a window after dark because I thought I might see a pair of glowing eyes out there...
Reply Quote
06/23/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Chaos
Alien, my mom made me watch it when I was 6

wow really the first Alien movie, when i watched it at the age of 8, i felt like hugging it cause i kinda find it funny.
Reply Quote
I can only vaguely remember the movie. I seem to recall some pinkish, fleshy looking thing trying to suck in some people (maybe kids) who are in their bedroom. I think the whole house was destroyed/sucked in at the end of the movie. I was so young back then that I can't remember it clearly though.
Reply Quote
08/11/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Ringo
I can only vaguely remember the movie. I seem to recall some pinkish, fleshy looking thing trying to suck in some people (maybe kids) who are in their bedroom. I think the whole house was destroyed/sucked in at the end of the movie. I was so young back then that I can't remember it clearly though.

Sounds like "Poltergeist".
Reply Quote
08/12/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Antiquarian
Sounds like "Poltergeist".

Holy !@#$ that's it!

Just watched a little of the ending and there it was, that fleshy thing trying to suck in a lady. Now to watch the whole thing and relive those childhood nightmares :D

I lived with my grandparents back then along with my mom and a couple aunts/uncles (big family). The aunts/uncles would watch scary movies and would let me watch them. Chucky (Child's Play) suffocating a man in his car was another scene I remember that gave me nightmares. I hate 'My Buddy' dolls because of Child's Play. Chucky is awesome though, especially after the more recent movies.
Reply Quote
Puppet master. I watched that movie a few days ago and couldn't help but laugh at it, but damn was it terrifying as a kid.

Also evil dead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]