Diablo® III

An unexpected error occured

An unexpected error occured while trying to install
Please try again or contact Customer Support.

Note that this is not the "Unable to initiate streaming" error. What can I do about this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm getting the same
Reply Quote
I am from Australia running Windows 7 getting the same error message
Reply Quote
me 2 (from UK)
Reply Quote
62 Human Death Knight
grrrrr... Im having the same issue
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Same issue and the install files are still MPQE and not MPQ :S seems they are still encrypted.........
Reply Quote
same issue "unexpected error occurred, please contact customer care."

tried restarting, running in admin mode, doesn't work still.

Win 7, 64bit, location Canada
Reply Quote
hahaha....yep good ole Blizzard....same problem....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
"I was getting all the same errors as everyone else. unable to stream, unexpected error, contact support, etc.

While reading some posts on the subject, I came across one that said any installer installed before Saturday will not work. I don't know why, they may have elaborated, but I didn't finish reading the post, or the responses to it. On it's surface, it doesn't really make sense, why would they allow people to pre-download the installer if said installer wasn't going to work on the 14th?

Anyway, long story short, I un-installed my old installer, and re-dl'd it from my account page, and voila. I'm installing the game as we speak."

I followed this guy's advice and it worked. You don't even need to redownload it all, just get the initial downloader again from your Bnet page and run that, tell it to save the installation files to the same location as your existing ones are. It'll download another 2mb or so and then work fine. Hope this helps you guys.
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Death Knight
FIXED:

anyone getting the 'unexpected error' who is US you need to go to battlenet and predownload the game client as English(US), for some reason they set it at enGB by default and now i am downloading it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
this is gonna suck if i have to redowload the client due to my internet cap i will go over it costing me more money
Reply Quote
I can also verify that changing US to GB fixed the issue.
Reply Quote
Same error here with the enGB client. Re-downloaded then installer from battle.net and it downloaded a small amount extra and now it works. Thanks for the advice Iix.

Note, I did not change from enGB to enUS and it still worked.
Edited by ThunderHorse#2388 on 5/14/2012 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Re-downloaded the installer file from Bnet. It scanned the other 7.6 gigs I had, downloaded another tiny portion and the installer worked fine afterwards. Don't worry you don't need to re-download everything, just the initial 7mb installer.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
sweet ty it works now installing on 2 pcs can't wait til midnight, i am staying up til i crash(fall asleep) @ keyboard
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
its downloading another 8gigs wtf
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
i though game was completly downloaded in 1st installer now another 8gigs this sucks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]