Aymanesin

i love you .. and not in a gay way.

i just love you.

thanks man
Reply Quote
Using Firefox, not IE, wat do?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'm not sure if this 'really did' have any effect, but I'm inclined to believe this fixed my stuck at 77% issue.

Apparently a common thread with the downloader/installer is it draws its connection settings from your IE browser connection settings, so for me I went into Internet Explorer, Internet Options, connections, Lan Settings. Uncheck auto detect settings.

Close I.E. and in my experience it took a few seconds, I thought nothing was happening and then BAM! Zipped up from 77% in just a few short seconds.

I was installing from the DVD (collector's edition), and this worked for me! :)
Reply Quote
The IE fix worked for me too! Even if you don't use IE the installer checks it for the download setting.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure if this 'really did' have any effect, but I'm inclined to believe this fixed my stuck at 77% issue.

Apparently a common thread with the downloader/installer is it draws its connection settings from your IE browser connection settings, so for me I went into Internet Explorer, Internet Options, connections, Lan Settings. Uncheck auto detect settings.

Close I.E. and in my experience it took a few seconds, I thought nothing was happening and then BAM! Zipped up from 77% in just a few short seconds.

Thank you, this worked.
I've never opened IE before.
Reply Quote
For people not using IE, keep in mind it is still probably installed to your computer. I use chrome, but i dug up IE opened it for the first time in forever, changed the setting suggested and the problem was fixed
Reply Quote
yeah it has nothign to do with IE, you can just go to control panel, internet options, and follow the same steps. It brings you to the same place.
Reply Quote
I tried to change the IE setting, still stuck at 77%, why?

nvm, waited for 1 hour, it start downloading now.
Edited by william#1936 on 5/15/2012 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
IE Settings worked for me. Many thanks.!!
Reply Quote
This needs to be stickied not only because it actually is a legitimate fix, but I assume very little of the player base knew it drew connection settings from IE.

Well done, thank you!
Reply Quote
i disable anti-virus.. it worked for me.. those still not working might want to give it a try? :)
Reply Quote
The IE trick does work. Thanks guys!
Reply Quote
The internet explorer trick worked, even though I don't use IE at all.

I can't understand why Microsoft continues to support it. It was always a freakin' virus and malware magnet, now it prevents games from installing properly? What a useless piece of crap.
Reply Quote
been stuck at 93 percent for almost an hour, anyone else?

update: didnt fully read the IE trick. it does work, thanks :D
Edited by PRIMO#1229 on 5/15/2012 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Aymanesin <3
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Disabling the MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) live protection fixed this for me.

Edit: The IE trick boosted my download rate even further.

Thanks Microsoft.
Edited by Jride#1213 on 5/15/2012 8:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Had a slow download speed of about 800kb/s for the past 3hrs.
But the total downloaded was only showing 1.99gb.

Even though I use Firefox I loaded up IE and followed through.

My download speed instantly changed to 2.4mb/s and stayed.

Thanks <(^_^)>
Reply Quote
For some reason i cannot use the ie trick because when i untick the box and click "ok" it ticks itself again.
This has been my third try and it's been at 77% for an hour now and it's starting to get really frustrating and i was wondering if there was another way to fix the installer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]