Diablo® III

Cinematic A/V Desync when in Turbo (Intel i5)

I have an Intel i5 760, which allows me to use a program called TurboKey, which turns the button on m y case into a Turbo button. It switches the processor between standard 2.8GHz to overclocked 3.0GHz.

If I play a cinematic in game while in Turbo, the audio and video desync, the video going faster than the audio. When not in Turbo, the cinematic plays back normally.

Given that a lot of people overclock nowadays, I can't help but wonder if this problem will present itself to those who are overclocked traditionally, using settings in bios, or people who use another Intel overclocking feature called Turbo V, which lets you configure presets and adjust sliders within windows to overclock the CPU.

It could simply be a problem with just this processor, or just the Turbo Key method of overclocking, or even any method other than setting up your OC in bios.

Whatever the case may be, I thought it would be wise to report it. I would have done so in beta, but we didn't have cinematics in beta.
Reply Quote
same issue with ASRock OC Tuner
Reply Quote
Same problem here with a classic OC in bios.

I don't really care bout the cinematic, I just hope that this will not affect the gameplay.
Reply Quote
omg, i am thinking now all the lag and assets issues here
hope was solved

i notice some fps drops in the main cinematic, most noticeable in normal or slow movements parts of the cinematic
Reply Quote
Seems like any OC will do it, C2D E8400 with ASUS EPU6 Engine here.
Reply Quote
The solution is to turn off TurboKey until the program is patched (if ever).
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
same cpu as OP and same software and i had the same issues. turned it off turbo mode and all good.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I have an i7 870 and turning off turbokey seemed to fix the issue.
Reply Quote
I had this issue earlier, will try turning off my OC but it IS a little ridiculous that a game in 2012 suffers from such a huge error as a result of an overclock... something which has been common for what, 10+ years now?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]