Diablo® III

Slower download speed

90 Orc Shaman
Speed test tells my I have a 24 Mbps download speed. Yet anytime i download a blizzard game it maxes out around 1.7-2.1 Mbps. Is there anything that could be affecting this? I have P2P turned off. I don't know what else to check or turn off/on to help speed up the download. Any suggestions?
Edited by Endy#1502 on 5/14/2012 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes turn off the P2P as stated but also open up Internet Options via the Control Panel under Network and Internet. In Internet Options click the connections tab choose Lan Settings and un-click Auto-Detect Settings. This should make your download jump up to the 1mbs+ range but if you had additional issues such as myself this is what I had to do. Earlier in the year my computer as well as many others probably on this forum were affected by the "Windows 7 antivirus 2012" Virus which damages or deletes many files including your firewall. In my particular case I was unable to access the administrative controls to change my permissions. Unable to give Blizzard full permission my Download speed capped at 300 mbs. After completing the steps outlined in this guide I was able to give Blizzard proper permissions and the download speed improved dramatically! Hope this helps!

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprosecurity/thread/5366225a-46e7-4d6c-a389-8bd18a5c3aad
Edited by TheThrone#1289 on 5/15/2012 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]