Diablo® III

Can't install D3 Newer system required -.-

55 Human Death Knight
Is this thread from Diablo 2? Pentium 4 is from.....................the year 2000
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I meet all the min requirements except of one says I need

CPU
Minimum: Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
You Have: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

I just bought this machine from Best Buy so please do not tell me that I have to buy a new machine.... Please tell me there's another fix to this other than buying a new machine or I will rip my hair out I will

So you just bought this PC new? The Pentium(R) 4 processors stopped production sometime in 2008. Best Buy just ripped you off (unless that PC cost like $300)

Even a $350 junk computer from Best Buy has a Sandy Bridge-based Pentium inside.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Veparz
god where are all the good machine

They are all built by gamers...

/sips coffee
Edited by Lordess#1211 on 5/14/2012 11:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well I played beta on my modded commodore 64. It was only on low and kinda laggy but it worked. I am not lying.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
The only people who can't get pre builts to work are the retards. I have only bought 2 pcs in my 8 years of gaming both 500 dollar pcs at the time I didn't replace my last one till 2 years ago when the cpu was just way to outdated. As long as your not a tard and understand A+ you can get away with a crappy mid range pre built tower. The only thing you really need to focus on when you buy a pc is CPU you want to try and get the highest you can at the time and !@#$ the rest of the settings since. Ram, hd, gpu, sound can all be modified by a monkey that has been droped on it's head 20 times in a row.
Reply Quote
49 Human Hunter
The machine I bought from Best Buy is a Dell - Inspiron Desktop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive. I guess it had to be a trade in -.-
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Haha you guys are all pretty funny and Yes I did buy it from Best Buy up here it was 250 for the tower and I AM A GIRL THANK YOU very much. But I guess that's my fault for buying a machine from Best Buy it's like buying a machine from Dell god where are all the good machines

No, it is your fault for not knowing what you were buying.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
if you can take it back and get your money back i would just take a screw driver and touch all the termials when its powerd on just blow the video card up and say you sold me junk
Reply Quote
49 Human Hunter
I Did say it was my fault didn't I OMG read! you people are so judgemental glad I can't install this game if people are going to act this way.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
touch the terminals on the video card when powerd on
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/14/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Veparz
I Did say it was my fault didn't I OMG read! you people are so judgemental glad I can't install this game if people are going to act this way.

I just find it hilarious when you say it was Best Buy that caused you to buy this machine. I do not really believe they sold you a pentium 4 machine in the year 2012, but if they did, you should have known what you needed and what you were getting. Who goes out and buys something without doing any kind of research at all?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
i just bough tmine not 2 years ago pentium (r) dual core and it is outta date i am gonna hev to pay $400 just to grab a new graphics card or get rid of this computer and buy a new one
Reply Quote
I got a dell Inspiron 570 when sc2 came out. It's and Athlon 64 quad core 2.6, 4 gig. they sold u an older Inspiron?

Guys go easy, very few people can just "build a pc from scratch" even tho it's not too hard and u can YouTube it for help. But it's not an option for most.
Reply Quote
Seriously?? Take it back and demand a refund. As it's been said already in this thread, P4s have not been in production for a number of years..

A low end Dell Inspiron 620 with Intel Celeron® processor G460 (1.80GHz,1.5MB L2,1066MHz) & 2 GB RAM goes for $300
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
yeah most of us cant put down $700 just to build a computer coem on 2 years ago i bought this computer and it plays games just fine until now when i just realised it is outtas date now
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
05/14/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Veparz

It only gets worse......have to have thick skin when gaming
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I got a dell Inspiron 570 when sc2 came out. It's and Athlon 64 quad core 2.6, 4 gig. they sold u an older Inspiron?

Guys go easy, very few people can just "build a pc from scratch" even tho it's not too hard and u can YouTube it for help. But it's not an option for most.

I definitely wouldn't advocate building a PC from scratch for everyone; for some, getting something pre-built is the best choice. Regardless, there needs to be some minimal research done.

For example, I know absolutely nothing about cars. However, you can be sure that I will check out a few wikis, google some specs, and be aware of what I'm buying before I do it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
wish i coudl just go andf buy a new comptuer however the one i need comes to around $650 just to get it now thats just to play this game now i dont have that kinda of money what am i supposed to do right now if i cnat grab that get a $400 graphics card well i dont have 400 laying around or else i wold have bought one by now
Reply Quote
Haha you guys are all pretty funny and Yes I did buy it from Best Buy up here it was 250 for the tower and I AM A GIRL THANK YOU very much. But I guess that's my fault for buying a machine from Best Buy it's like buying a machine from Dell god where are all the good machines

Well, it's your fault for not being informed or doing your research ahead of time before buying a gaming PC. But that's easily remedied. :-)

And many Dell PCs are no better since their value line stuff (and even mid-range) has integrated graphics. What that means is that they use a graphics processor (GPU) that's built into the system board. You'd want a system with a separate video card installed.

Look for PCs with modern, mid-range GPUs/video cards (all around $100 to $200):

NVIDIA GeForce GT 545
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (to be released soon)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 645 (to be released soon)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (to be released soon)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (to be released soon)

AMD Radeon HD 6670 (only if you're on a budget)
AMD Radeon HD 6750
AMD Radeon HD 6770
AMD Radeon HD 6790
AMD Radeon HD 6850
AMD Radeon HD 6870
AMD Radeon HD 6930
AMD Radeon HD 7670
AMD Radeon HD 7750
AMD Radeon HD 7770

Identification of the numbers above...

1st Number
Designates the generation (series). Example: 5, 6, or 7

2nd Number
For AMD, designates the category. Example: 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8
For NVIDIA, designates the relative performance class. Example: 4, 5, 6

3rd Number
For AMD, designates the relative performance class. Example: 3, 5, 7
For NVIDIA, designates if original model or revised model. Example: 0 or 5

NVIDIA Prefix: GT is a mid-range gaming card, while GTX is a higher-range gaming card.
NVIDIA Suffix: Ti is a revised model with more processing cores.
Edited by ciphernemo#1526 on 5/14/2012 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/14/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Primalprissy
wish i coudl just go andf buy a new comptuer however the one i need comes to around $650 just to get it now thats just to play this game now i dont have that kinda of money what am i supposed to do right now if i cnat grab that get a $400 graphics card well i dont have 400 laying around or else i wold have bought one by now

$400 graphics card? That seems... excessive for Diablo 3. Honestly, something that's $100 should be more than suffice to play it, at least on low settings.
Edited by Pata#1241 on 5/14/2012 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]